FMIC: advice please before I start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC: advice please before I start
Now the Bosch is fitted and all running well I need to get round to doing the front mount. Is there a thread somewhere showing what air filter solutions people go for when fitting these as the standard inlet looks like it will be getting right in the way. My aim is to have everything pretty much hidden behind the standard bumper so you don't notice it.

Does anyone know what size of fans are needed for mounting on the other side of the radiator. Is it just a case of getting the biggest ones that will fit? I have a pair of Fiat Coupe ones I can try but if it's just a case of buying radiator mount ones from eBay I'll do that to save time.I hardly get any time to work on the car so ideally want to have everything I need before I start so I don't get stuck part way through and have to put all the old stuff back on.

So far I have:
a large intercooler with inlet and outlet on the same side
pipework that should pretty much fit plus some extra bends and hoses
Xantia inlet manifold, non egr type
plenty of stuff to make up brackets etc where needed

Things I think I need:
induction kit of some sort
twin fans to mount behind the radiator as space looks tight
a method of getting the boost feed for the pump and gauge. Is there a screw in fitting or something you can get to do this?

Is there anything obvious I've missed?

Thanks for any help. If this is all covered already then a pointer to the topic would be great and save people from repeating stuff!
Thanks given by:
If you get the slimfine fans, you should be able to fit them on the front of the rad and have the intercooler too with no issues. I've just got the 1 10" slimline and it does the job fine. They're £10-12 on eBay, so well worth it.

For induction, most people that stay with filters just seem to buy lots of the flexi hose, and run it.. well, anywhere you've got the space to run it basically!

And as for a feed for the pump and gauge, just get a bleed nipple and seal it up. You can get them on ebay with the rubber supplied, screws together and forms a nice seal.. can't find the link now though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=T...1142915029

Here you go
Thanks given by:
Perfect, looks like all questions answered in the one go. Thanks a lot!
Thanks given by:
I fitted my fans behind the radiator as I have a twin pass intercooler like youself,sat very nicely on the edge of the cross member when the old fan unit was removed. Then got a bracket and mounted that to the intercooler then onto the slam panel. Doesn't move a inch.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FMIC advice Conor_DTS 2 1,160 14-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile