306oc Team Movember 2013

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306oc Team Movember 2013
Haven't done it before but thinking of getting involved.

For those who aren't aware of Movember its basically:

Quote:Movember (the month formerly known as November) is a moustache growing charity event held during November each year that raises funds and awareness for prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants, known as Mo Bros, have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their Mo, raising money along the way to benefit men's health.

More can be found out at the official UK site including the rules for growing of the moustache: http://uk.movember.com

Official rules can be found here: http://au.movember.com/uploads/files/201...0Rules.pdf

Anyone interested in starting a team? I've never had "just" a moustache with no other facial hair so it should be interesting to say the least.

The whole point of it is to raise money and awareness for Prostate and Testicular cancer.

If you think you might be interested please pop your name down on the list and dependant on interest I'll get a team setup.

306OC MOVEMBER SITE / TEAM:
http://moteam.co/306oc

1) Silverzx/Trent - No preference.
2) Anton
3) WiNgNuTz/Steve
4) Grant - Parkinsons UK.
5) Ruan
6) Niall - Help for Heroes, Parkinsons UK.
7) Jake
8) kentiiboii
9) Matt
10) Cully
11) THE_Liam
12) Chez
13) Danny2009
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Im doing this, failed when i tried before, got to 14 days i think.

Add me to the list please!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I really struggle to grow any kind of "proper" facial hair, but f*ck it, why not?! lmao

1) Silverzx/Trent
2) WiNgNuTz/Steve
3) ...

I take it that we can still shave the rest of the face, just leaving the 'tache?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 01:41 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I take it that we can still shave the rest of the face, just leaving the 'tache?

Correct, your 'tache has to be a 'tache. So effectively you still shave everything except above your lip.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, yeah I'll give it a go! lol
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about doing a monkey's tail
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm down with this. Work were giving us shit about it but meh

1) Silverzx/Trent
2) WiNgNuTz/Steve
3) Grant
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I Might give it a bash but I found out last year that I fail at being a man and growing a mo. Theres a link to the pics below
Thanks given by:
I can't grow a decent 'tache, kinda lets down my hobo beard.
Thanks given by:
This was me after a week last year.... Im gonna look a tramp by the end of the month haha

[Image: image-1.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Just had a look through last years thread and was almost crying laughing so might give it a go again even though I'm too blonde just to give everyone else a laugh.

Here's a pic of mine from nearly the end of Movember last year

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3657]
Thanks given by:
I'll enter - there'll be no difference from day 1 to day 31...

The joys of A. Having white bumfluff and B. Not really being able to grow a moustache.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'll enter - there'll be no difference from day 1 to day 31...

The joys of A. Having white bumfluff and B. Not really being able to grow a moustache.

This but why not! Will be a laugh. We going to try and raise any money for it seeing as thats sort of the point? lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 04:01 PM)Niall Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 03:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'll enter - there'll be no difference from day 1 to day 31...

This but why not! Will be a laugh. We going to try and raise any money for it seeing as thats sort of the point? lol

Yeah most people overlook that, they just want to grow a tash lol

I'm raising for ParkinsonsUK

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 04:03 PM)Grant Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 04:01 PM)Niall Wrote:

Yeah most people overlook that, they just want to grow a tash lol

I'm raising for ParkinsonsUK

Ill join in on that for obvious reasons!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Updated the initial list, Grant and Chris your efforts look good from last year haha! Big Grin

Perhaps if were doing it as a club we should have a vote on which charity to donate to, or optionally be solely responsible for your own charity raising (which would be the better option of the two).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I think we have more of a chance of raising more money if we do it as a club. Im sure everyone has a charity close to them but for me, its either parkinsons UK or help for heroes.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 04:09 PM)Niall Wrote: I think we have more of a chance of raising more money if we do it as a club. Im sure everyone has a charity close to them but for me, its either parkinsons UK or help for heroes.

What I meant is everyone is responsible for handling the money they raise and decide where they want to donate it to?

Or do you think it should all be put into a pot e.g. sent to me / an admin / whatever at the end of November and then it donated as a lump sum?

To be honest I'm quite happy to donate to any charity, I don't have a preference.

I'll update the list with everyones preference of charity (if they have one).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Why don't we just set up a club just giving page once we have decided on a charity? That way, no one has to handle any money and people know it is going to them then rather than going in our pockets (not that i think anyone here would dream of doing that!)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm in. My efforts from. Last year

I'll probably just use the online donation thing on the mobro website though.. I got £30 in random donations last year.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I'm happy with whatever charity, donkey sanctuary or similar would be my choice but whatever, I'm not bothered.

Defo do it as a team though as the more of us that do it the funnier it'll be at christmas meet and in the movember thread. Actually itll be a nice count down to the christmas meet.
Thanks given by:
Still need to tart it all up but at leasts its registered, I'll update it with the site logo etc over the weekend.

Will give more details when its ready..!

If anyone wants to make a square logo, max 2MB, doesn't need to be hug, that just says 306oc, then feel free and upload it in this thread.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Last years efforts from me

[Image: 401174_4385912320218_157689118_n.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I really wanna give this a go, but because my job is customer based they like me to be clean shaven but ill speak to my.manager tomorrow was thinking of asking if we can do a work one anyway.

Btw I cannot grow. Moustache to save my life! A week of no shaving I have a decent beard but no tache!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ill do it anyway haha I grow an awesome Tash!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
he he il have a go at this bet the wife will laugh or throw me out Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 07:59 PM)cully Wrote: he he il have a go at this bet the wife will laugh or throw me out Big Grin

Tbh, my gf has already stated her distaste at this idea...but its for charity! lol
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 08:04 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 07:59 PM)cully Wrote: he he il have a go at this bet the wife will laugh or throw me out Big Grin

Tbh, my gf has already stated her distaste at this idea...but its for charity! lol

So has the lady friends haha, f*ck 'em! It's for charity (excuse to do anything)! Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
me and a work mate, did this last year, we were the only two out of four that said they would do it.
the two of us made it till the end of the month. I grew a hulk Hogan one, I think it maybe the same this year I think.
Thanks given by:
I might as do this too, I have a beard anyway that I can never be arsed shaving so I just trim it...

This was me last year Smile

[Image: magnum-pi-selleck.jpg]
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  movember procta 15 2,674 27-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Matt
  COTM - November 2013 - Ladies of 306OC Dum-Dum 38 11,027 12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Movember toughmat 4 1,364 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Curt