wrong fuel in hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wrong fuel in hdi
Alright guys my dad has put 30 quid of unleaded in his 307 hdi seimens today and drove 2 miles. Now he doesn't want to start her again but said she wouldnt go anyway, as it says economy mode on the dash. Now I know when I had mine, the economy mode refered to the battery being low but is there any chance it's to do with the fuel he's put in?

Otherwise I may get planet on it
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nothing to do with the fuel in it, as you say its battery saving mode
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
While coincedence though lol. No doubt the bsi has forgot it's settings but ofc the window won't go up
Thanks given by:
So as far as getting the fuel out goes how should he go about it? With it been driven a few miles since I can imagine it will make it harder?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks given by:
Remove lift pump. Get fuel out the big hole.
Remove fuel filter housing replace filter and clean out fill it with diesel.
Put diesel in tank should go after a minute or two
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get spare lift pump wiring loom thats happily waiting in the tool box, hook it up to the pump in place of the original, put a spare battery in rear foot well, remove the feed line from the engine and attach a longer hose then run it into a drum, hook the wires up to the battery and wait about 10 mins.

This wont get it all out but really the only way to do it properly is remove the entire tank and up end it then drain all the lines and filter housings etc and TBH for the liter or 2 that'll be in there if you brim it with diesel before you start it she'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
If it were me, id get all the petrol out, brim with diesel, swap fuel filter and go for it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seems like effort with the lift pump tbh.... IF* its like the 306 fuel tank, just take the filler elbow off and drain the tank by lowering that corner of the car on a jack..

*This wont work if the newer style tank has a one way valve there lol.
Thanks given by: