No electrics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No electrics
My car is completely dead, tried to charge it but no luck, I haven't bought a new battery, but the one i'm using isn't old, it's a new one which I bought just over 3 months ago. I'm sure it's an alternator issue. Any ideas on what is could be?
[Image: Untitled_zps2ed48460.png]
Thanks given by:
Does is jump start? Are the terminals tight on the battery?
Thanks given by:
I have no jump leads, so I have no idea. The terminals are tight, yes. I also gave them a clean but still no joy. I've had trouble in the past with batteries going flat.
[Image: Untitled_zps2ed48460.png]
Thanks given by:
Ideally mate you need to get hold of a multimeter and test the voltage output on the battery.

Can you get hold of a battery charger? Stick it on and see what happens!

To find out if the alternator is playing up, test the voltage when the car is running, you should get a much higher reading than 12v (somewhere around the 14 - 15v region). This shows that the alternator is working well.

How long are we talking before the battery goes flat? Is there something constantly on in the car which is drawing power overnight? Trace it if you can and then get back to us.

Regards
Rich
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Try and jump start it and see what happens.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm confused.... You tried to charge it but no luck? So the battery won't hold charge? Or is it charged but just not powering the electrics? Confused
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 11:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm confused.... You tried to charge it but no luck? So the battery won't hold charge? Or is it charged but just not powering the electrics? Confused

Tom its broke duh. Learn to internet Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What's broke? It just sounds like he's left an interior light or something on and drained the battery to me. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 11:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: What's broke? It just sounds like he's left an interior light or something on and drained the battery to me. Tongue

Nah they go off with ignition mate Wink

Boot light on the other hand
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damaged electrics, possibly relay?? windrushelectrical 0 1,192 08-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: windrushelectrical
  last "whats this for" on electrics pug306driver 3 1,569 18-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Test Rig for Tow Bar Electrics insomaniac45 24 5,912 07-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam