boost leak, i think

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost leak, i think
have been hitting 28psi perfectly fine for weeks.

now i carnt get over 22psi it will either run clean at 22psi if i turn the fuel down or just coal at 22psi if i turn it up.

i have changed the d seal for a new one, new jubilie clips on my intercooler pipes.

where else could it be leaking from? i know its not the wastegate because thats welded.

could it be an issue with the turbo its self? worn turbine blades or somthing so its just not pushing air the same?
Thanks given by:
Are you defiltered? You could have f*cked a blade or something. Could be manifold gasket, or the pipe from the turbo to intercooler could have a split in it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I would be surprised if it still blew 22psi clean if it had a major boost leak

how are you controlling the boost and what turbo?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
its filtered with a piperx foam filter.

everything is sealed fine as far as i know.

im not controlling boost with a mbc or anything its just a welded wastegate lever. turbo is a T2.

thats what is bugging me, its clean at 22psi but anymore fuel it smokes but dosnt increase boost. turbo's getting tierd? just stumped at what it could be.

thought id add, the inside of my turbo on the compressor side is pretty black from what i can see and my boost pipes have black oil in them. can boost leak through the turbo to the hotside if the seals have gone?
Thanks given by:
So its just a welded actuator? Any chance it could be moving a bit? The wastegate only has to open a touch for the gases to start bypassing the turbine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
there isnt an actuator, the wastegate lever is welded shut to the turbo
Thanks given by:
any noises diff to usual??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
is it possible that there could be play in the wastegate mechanism inside the turbo?

nothing sounds out the ordinary. would you hear a hiss if there was a small leak that only leaked 6psi?
Thanks given by:
yeah...but any leak, small or large, and I dont think you would see a stable 22psi.

I wondered if there were some whistling from turbo indicating turbo on its way out. 28psi is a long way passed efficiency for that turbo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
tempted take my turbo off on my day off give it a good clean and inspection, what do i need to look for when inspecting the turbo
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  boost leak ? Motatalk 3 1,143 19-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Boost leak... philpemberton94 6 2,025 13-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: toseland
  boost leak? willJspears 11 2,452 02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: willJspears