Traction light staying on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traction light staying on
Soooooo as of Friday, my light saying I have no traction has been coming on and staying on, anybody have any thoughts as to why?

pic:

I am clearly parked up so how I have lost traction?? :S

thanks in advance
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Check your MAF
Thanks given by:
its the ABS light
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats the ABS light, check the fuse and if not get the codes read to tell you which sensor it is.

Its defo not a MAF sensor issue
Thanks given by:
Hmmm after putting my glasses back on my face I can see now it is a ABS light loool
Thanks given by:
ok sound, will have a look tomorrow. My abs still works though?? I tried it yesterday.

+ had a blonde moment and forgot it was called ABS!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I wish 306s had traction control. Sad

If the light is on, the ABS won't work, it defaults to 'off' as a safety precaution.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wish 306s had traction control. Sad

They do, it's called "the driver"
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 08:54 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(20-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wish 306s had traction control. Sad

They do, it's called "the driver"

Lol was just about to say, if you NEED traction control, you really need to learn how to drive.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Don't 'need' it, I'm just a lazy shit and don't like wasting tyre tread when pulling out sharp in the wet.

One of the most annoying things about the Vectra or a HDi is that it requires effort to avoid slipping tyres in those circumstances, I've no idea who thought a torquey diesel could do without TC, its so easy to add when the ABS system is already there and saves so many tyres through the life of the vehicle! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 09:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't 'need' it, I'm just a lazy shit and don't like wasting tyre tread when pulling out sharp in the wet.

One of the most annoying things about the Vectra is that it requires effort to avoid slipping tyres in those circumstances, I've no idea who thought a torquey diesel could do without TC, its so easy to add when the ABS system is already there and saves so many tyres! Dodgy

[Image: 276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1280x1024.jpg]

Alternatively, don't use the clutch as a switch?

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 09:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't 'need' it, I'm just a lazy shit and don't like wasting tyre tread when pulling out sharp in the wet.

One of the most annoying things about the Vectra or a HDi is that it requires effort to avoid slipping tyres in those circumstances, I've no idea who thought a torquey diesel could do without TC, its so easy to add when the ABS system is already there and saves so many tyres! Dodgy

Tom you do need to learn how to use a clutch then! You cant say just because its a diesel, you need TC to pull away.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think this must be how tom drives!

Thanks given by:
Yawn, I already said you don't 'need' it! Doh

It's not my clutch control either....you should see the amount of tyre receipts are in the Vectra's SH compared to the Golfs lol.

And Jonny - hell no, after having the Golf with a slippy clutch I soon learned to pull away almost at idle and then boot it.... In the Vectra you just end up doing a hotrod start with both tyres spinning though. lol It has a lot to do with inertia though, don't forget the Vectra weighs about 5 tonnes so sticking torque through the tyres just causes them to lose grip instantly. Oh, and I'm on rainsports before anyone says its the tyres. I will admit they don't go sideways in the wet, but they struggle with power forwards lol.... Tongue

And frankly I'm a lazy bugger, I just like to point and boot..... lol Would much rather a computer sorted it out rather than having to put the effort in myself.... I know you people that 'enjoy the drive' won't understand that at all though. Wink
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yawn, I already said you don't 'need' it! Doh

It's not my clutch control either....you should see the amount of tyre receipts are in the Vectra's SH compared to the Golfs lol.

Oh, you mean the previous owners couldn't drive either then? Tongue lol

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 09:11 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(20-10-2013, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yawn, I already said you don't 'need' it! Doh

Oh, you mean the previous owners couldn't drive either then? Tongue lol

Vectra's are driven by old people (well except Jordan maybe) so they have the same point and boot attitude as I do. Wink

But in all seriousness, it does slip a lot easier than any other car I've had despite the wide tyres and plenty of downforce at the front, really can't see why they removed the TC to save money on the facelift models. It doesn't need ESP as it holds the road well (unlike an understeering Mk4 that really does benefit from ESP lol) but just seems daft not to have TC on it imo.
Thanks given by:
Ladies ladies, calm down Tongue

Back on topic, my ABS definitely doesn't work when this light is on, tried it out tonight, forgot my seat was broken!! Lol anywayssss, it's not on constantly, like earlier, 30 minute journey, it came on 5 mins before I was home but when it's on it stays on, what could be causing this? As don't you nee the fault to be showing for it to come up on a diagnostic?
Could somebody also tell me where the fuse is located please as I never got an owners handbook or manual or anything g like that when I bought the car.
Thanks again
Thanks given by:
I already told you it wont work with the light on. Tongue And everyone is calm... Or atleast I am, maybe Nialls raging at the fact I like an electronic driver aid, I dunno. lol

On topic though, it's probably a dirty ABS sensor/ring, I'd check those first. If they look clean try a voltage test - basically connect the sensor to a multimeter and you should see a voltage as you spin the wheel. Also I believe you can see the ABS logged faults without the light on but not totally sure on that.
Thanks given by:
Cruise control.would be far better tbh
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
mine was the same, the abs ring on the nsf had snapped. 99p replacement of ebay, i just beed to fit it now get it fitted now.

if it is down to a damaged abs ring make sure you find the correct one as their are 2 types fitted.

one with teeth and one with small rectangular holes

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=306+ab...80&bih=899
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior lights staying on?st Matt 4 1,739 17-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Rear brake lights staying on Welshy_Pete 8 3,634 19-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  ignition lights staying on / wont turn off sweeney1987 9 2,202 25-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987