307 odd boost pattern

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 odd boost pattern
So I have a 307 hdi 110bhp as my new daily and I believe engine is pretty much same as 306 so wondering if anyone knows why my car seems to boost really late in the revs. Hate to ever do the comparison but its like my car went jap and thought vtec was a good idea. At like 3.6 to 3.8k rpm I hit a massive wave of power (mainly second gear) but doesnt feel like on boost before that. Anyone heard of this before happening?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Boost leak, recent service etc?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Any engine management light? could be the boost control solenoid on the front of the block. When I had boosting problems with mine it was completely dead then all of a sudden it picked up. Turned out there was a wire broke that went to it. Other option is maf maybe?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seimens or bosch management??
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Dont 307's have all kinds of boost solenoid issues?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Are they VNT on the 110s then? If so, possibly stuck vanes if was it owned by an old person.

A split vac line to the boost solenoid can also cause odd issues as I had this on the Vectra.
Thanks given by:
Its not vnt on these iirc, just electronically controlled boost. Sounds like the wastegate is stuck open or something. Any codes on there?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah its not vnt. Have a search around other forums for boost issues and it always seems to be the vac solenoid for the boost.

jonny if its a 110 they are all Bosch management.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, fair enough, looks like it's a fairly safe bet to go with the boost solenoid then. lol
Thanks given by:
If you want to check the solenoid, it should be the same as your egr solenoid.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah the 110s have 4 solenoids located on the front of the block, its best to get at the one you need from the bottom as the boost one is the bottom of the four. You could just check for split wires or vac lines to start with and if nothing is obvious you could get a replacement from a scrappie for very little
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys will check it later. Its just like off boost till really high rpm. Just drove snakes pass and its was only just making it up the hills in third at 40 ish Confused. So would it be a case of just solder the wire back or patch the split on vac pipes?
Thanks given by:
Can be if you do a bloody good job of it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea I'll look and guy in works an auto electrician so he can if not I assume vac pipe is just a rubber hose anyway
Thanks given by:
My hunch would be a vac pipe as it may have got hot, brittle and perished...check the pipes first as it's free and cheap to sort Smile

Thanks given by:
Yeah dude I just soldered my wires again and away I went. But I totally get you about struggling up hills, I drove mine like that for a few months before I got online and read about the problem
Thanks given by:
Dodgy melted and cracked vac pipes caused boost issues on my 406. Oh and I've got some spare egr solenoids if you need one Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea gonna check in work tomorrow been to pissed all weekend to look hahah yea like last night was boosting at 2k ish fine turned off left and got back in went back towards 4k so I assume its more wiring than vac pipe. And cheers chris appreciate it man
Thanks given by:
Ok so the car was stood for 7months before I got it and thought a good kicking may free off or clear any shit from components so after afew full throttle starts and clutch kicking like f*ck forcing it to boost it seems to have resolved my problem so far been boosting all afternoon so must be fine now? Will let you guys know if it happens again but still gonna look over the suggested reasons this week Smile
Thanks given by:
Other option could be potential blocked dpf?
Thanks given by:
Might just need running in then...

Thanks given by: