HDI more MPG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI more MPG
The estate tank is exactly the same as the Hatch tank, ~60 litres, plus the filler neck.

Jon, have you checked for fuel leaks, you might not even be burning that extra couple of hundred miles of fuel lol. Filler elbow would be the first place I'd check.
Thanks given by:
Is 550 round town really an easily achievable figure on a HDI?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
600 miles to the red light is only ~45mpg so you should easily do that in a HDi even round town. Obviously not if you're idling in solid traffic for hours but normal stop start driving and a few stretches at 25ish should see that easily.
Thanks given by:
Wow, I might actually consider a HDI then. I usually stick with XUD for veg but if a HDI can manage 45mpg round town that would offset the higher cost of fuel a bit. I only get 34mpg in the XUD...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm up and down the M1 a lot (and not willy waving) but it's all too easy to sit at 85 for a couple of hours at a time, this is bad for my MPG Smile
doing the same journeys at 70 I'd expect moped levels of MPG given I've done the nice economy mods (stage1, no cat, no backbox, serviced with high psi tyres)

My long term average is only 55, would love to see it at 65 and should really if idiots wern't always getting in the way...
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 12:33 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Wow, I might actually consider a HDI then. I usually stick with XUD for veg but if a HDI can manage 45mpg round town that would offset the higher cost of fuel a bit. I only get 34mpg in the XUD...

Damn that's bad, I've never had an XUD so can't compare directly but I used to average more that in the 1.8! lol I know you do a lot more town than me but I'd expect at least 40mpg from the same in the HDi, I moved a whole cottage full of stuff for my Nan in the estate earlier this year which was heavy laden and just short 5 mile trips, mostly town and still averaged 45mpg (which I was gutted about as had been getting 50mpg before that lol).

(29-12-2013, 12:34 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: I'm up and down the M1 a lot (and not willy waving) but it's all too easy to sit at 85 for a couple of hours at a time, this is bad for my MPG Smile
doing the same journeys at 70 I'd expect moped levels of MPG given I've done the nice economy mods (stage1, no cat, no backbox, serviced with high psi tyres)

My long term average is only 55, would love to see it at 65 and should really if idiots wern't always getting in the way...

This is the single worst thing for MPG...other people! Dodgy

Would be much nicer if there wasn't anyone else about haha. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bugger... I'll need to get in top of this then.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 10:55 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: Bugger... I'll need to get in top of this then.

I had a ZX non turbo and got 45mpg doing 60% town. Some fool went into the back and I bought a turbo ZX. That did 37MPG under the same conditions. The turbos are awful for economy if you do stop start. Even my 405 estate did 43mpg and that was non turbo.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think I broke my lowest economy in the traffic on they way home, they really don't like that stuff.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: