1.4 struts on a 2.0 HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 struts on a 2.0 HDI
Apologies if this has already been covered. Will the front struts and hubs from a 1.4 hatch be the same as those from a 2.0 HDI Meridian estate? The diesel must be heavier. I have a spare set from a 1.4. The brake discs are different.
Thanks
Kevin
Thanks given by:
The hubs are likely to be smaller ball joints, 16mm as opposed to 18.

Afaik the struts are different. The springs definitely are
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The hubs would be the same fitment at the strut entry point.

As Jonny said the ball joints could be a different size.

Are you trying to lower the car or something?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Springs and damper rates are way too soft, the 1.4 is a lot lighter up front. If it's an early car the upright and bearing is different too, but the TU shafts are different even on the later ones so you can't use the hubs.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 12:53 PM)Grant Wrote: The hubs would be the same fitment at the strut entry point.

No I am breaking a 1.4 and keeping a few bits for my 2.0 HDI. Do you reckon the shocks alone are the same. I could strip off the springs and hubs and just keep them as spares.

(15-10-2013, 04:59 PM)KevinTW Wrote:
(15-10-2013, 12:53 PM)Grant Wrote: The hubs would be the same fitment at the strut entry point.

No I am breaking a 1.4 and keeping a few bits for my 2.0 HDI. Do you reckon the shocks alone are the same. I could strip off the springs and hubs and just keep them as spares.
Oh well, looks like they are no good to me. If they don't sell they will go for scrap with the shell and all the scrap metal I can stuff in it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 GTI-6 Front struts and springs on a HDI? jackmiller30 9 2,752 17-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: spike2002
  Phase 2 Front Struts Razor1 4 1,827 31-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Razor1
  Changing front struts over and swapping rear beam declantg 87 27,047 07-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim