Bosch setup lda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch setup lda
Just a quick question bout setting up my bosch.

Please correct me if i have got understanding wrong.

Would I be better to run a stfff preload setting and run more main fuel.

Or have it soft and just control the smoke with my right foot, so its fully open early then adjust the main fuel to suit?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
bit hard to say mate, up to you really, i have a similar setup to you and i haven't bothered adjusting the starwheel, as you say though have to control smoke with your foot though . .depends how you want to do it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
MTFU and control it yourself. Too stuff a spring and it will just make it slow to respond as you want the extra fuel to wake up the turbo.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Or run a full width pin, setup with reasonable preload and plenty of boost / fuel. That way you get the best of both worlds, low smoke off boost and loads of fuel on boost.

You can also stick a boost controller in the line to the LDA to limit transient fuelling even more so and just give full load fuel... but it takes AGES to get setup right.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
thanks for the advice, i did notice with a stiff spring it was abit flat, having to drop it down a gear to get the full potential.

what do you mean by a 'full width pin' ?

i noticed i carnt get over 28psi with a welded w/g it coals on boost with any more fuel, would that mean i have a boost leak somewhere? iv read people getting 30+ on a t2, or could it just be a tierd turbo?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump and engine setup bashbarnard 4 1,459 07-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Stoke members bosch setup clarkey2010 7 1,584 20-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: 205steve
  Noob setup bosch Tyronnster 20 3,146 15-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Tyronnster