My fabia vrs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fabia vrs
well after selling my old 306 hdi ive had nothing but poo cars so I have treated myself to a new one :-)

[Image: fabia1_zps3dd8f867.jpg]

[Image: fabia0_zps6f0d449f.jpg]

[Image: fabia8_zps1f6c465d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
All new cars really are looking like each other :/ but fair play, how much one of those set you back if you dont mind my asking?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
15k with a couple of extras on it
Thanks given by:
Looks like a golf from the front? Or is it my eyesight?
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 07:45 PM)tim 306td Wrote: 15k with a couple of extras on it

is that brand new or ex-demo?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
ex demo 17k new without the extras

its only done 2.5k miles
Thanks given by:
Fair play, can get some really good deals on ex-demo/courtesy cars, one of the Fiesta ST's went for a steal last week
Thanks given by:
Is my reg check right, 180bhp from a 1.4?
Thanks given by:
I got a decent deal on this as I used to work for the sales manager :-) I cant believe its only £100 more to insure then my old corsa 1ltr XD and it goes well

yeah its a 1.4 turbo and supercharged 180bhp
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:05 PM)Frosty Wrote: Is my reg check right, 180bhp from a 1.4?

turbo and a supercharger with direct injection.

shame though...the only thing really good about these used to be that they were diesels
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
good thing is they map to 220bhp :-)
Thanks given by:
so did the diesel to be honest.

keep an eye on maintenance though pal...heard some bad stories about the turbo/super setup going wrong
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks piggy I will do they said its first service is in 20k? LOL no chance
Thanks given by:
Ahh thats too quirky for me. The seat bocanegra in white would of been my choice with the same engine.

I bet its a sweet drive

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
well I seen this driven it and fell in love with it honestly its just such a nice can with lots power
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:13 PM)tim 306td Wrote: thanks piggy I will do they said its first service is in 20k? LOL no chance

Longlife servicing..... The best thing to ruin engines! lol

I was also expecting this to be diesel as the old ones were the PD130. But 1.4TSi should be good anyway, I guess it's not bad on fuel considering its power either? Personally wouldn't want the DSG but that's the way a lot of cars seem to be going these days.

Looks like a decent buy though, I'd have had the Golf given the option but you're probably doubling the price then lol.
Thanks given by:
Hope its the car you want it to be mate.

I certainly wouldn't swap my pug for it
Thanks given by:
the polo version is an extra 2k I think. im getting 36mpg driving like a granny ha ha

dum dum I wanted another 306 but I couldn't find a decent one. ive had 11 306s and love them that's why im still on this owners club :-)
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:26 PM)tim 306td Wrote: the polo version is an extra 2k I think. im getting 36mpg driving like a granny ha ha

dum dum I wanted another 306 but I couldn't find a decent one. ive had 11 306s and love them that's why im still on this owners club :-)

Oh really? I was expecting more like 45mpg average lol! Undecided Ah well, long as its quick anyway! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
its got a supercharger bottom end remember so you cant really drive it off boost.
they advertise 52mpg in the golf with same engine (Golf GT) but theres been lots of owners moaning coz its just not achievable
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
on a run I get 41mpg at a push ha ha
Thanks given by:
Do have quite a large soft spot for these, if I had to buy a new car, I'd lean towards one of these.

Will be watching with interest Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: they advertise 52mpg in the golf with same engine (Golf GT) but theres been lots of owners moaning coz its just not achievable
A guy I used to work with would manage 42mpg on his daily commute (8 miles of mixed driving), so I can imagine on the motorway close to 50 would be possible if you're driving it correctly.

It looks smart though buddy. I'm with Aaron though, I'd probably go for the Boca, but that's just me. I hope you enjoy it! Good to hear you're not sticking with the 'recommended' servicing intervals lol
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: its got a supercharger bottom end remember so you cant really drive it off boost.
they advertise 52mpg in the golf with same engine (Golf GT) but theres been lots of owners moaning coz its just not achievable

That's true but I thought the direct injection would make it a lot more economical as its stratified on low load I believe.

If I was going for a new Golf I'd have the diesel tbh, 170bhp and 70+mpg standard, probably map easily as well. Although I guess the TSi has instant acceleration due to the compound charging....hmm.... Difficult choice then!
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 09:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: its got a supercharger bottom end remember so you cant really drive it off boost.

That's true but I thought the direct injection would make it a lot more economical as its stratified on low load I believe.

If I was going for a new Golf I'd have the diesel tbh, 170bhp and 70+mpg standard, probably map easily as well. Although I guess the TSi has instant acceleration due to the compound charging....hmm.... Difficult choice then!

Yeah this pretty much.. When I trade in the golf in a couple of years it will probably be for the tsi variant..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
dont quote me...but is it compound or is it not a case of turbo takes over from SC?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2013, 06:41 AM)Piggy Wrote: dont quote me...but is it compound or is it not a case of turbo takes over from SC?!

Poor wording on my part, you are right, I knew what I meant. lol
Thanks given by:
Looks good, bet it nice and pokey
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't worry about turbo/super failing if you intend to keep it standard. Warranties exist for a reason!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Deffo would have had the seat instead, nice though, shame loads of inexperienced drivers think they are badass cos they got a vrs on finance, my mate did the same and all it's caused is him potentionaly losing his license
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fabia Vrs MY95 26 4,177 12-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Keep 306 HDI or buy Fabia VRS MY95 67 16,190 21-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Last Post: lolsteve