Yorkshire RR Day Results!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yorkshire RR Day Results!
(14-10-2013, 12:52 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(14-10-2013, 07:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Manufacturers figures are always at the flywheel mate, 135bhp at the wheels is probably about what you had new, for the first 3k until the first HG blew Wink

so just confirming a gti6 is 167 at the flywheel then ?

Yeah mate when new and healthy Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
The 205 making its bid for freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8V1lg0WS...e=youtu.be
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Some play in the wishbone bushes or similar somewhere causing that.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
it was 'n interesting day (despite the rain) pity they couldn't get a reading from my Xsara, appearently the combination of super grippy semi slicks and knackered suspension isn't dyno friendly plus the sump guard wasn't helping catching on the rollers, it would have been nice to see how a N/A petrol compared to the boosted diesels, I damn sure it wouldn't have produced as much smoke I think I may have poisoned my little lad !!!
the drive home up the rain soaked M1 was interesting to for all the wrong reasons, to say those tyres don't work in the wet is an understatement, it was like driving on ice and more than a little scary at times.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 08:32 PM)budd Wrote: it was 'n interesting day (despite the rain) pity they couldn't get a reading from my Xsara, appearently the combination of super grippy semi slicks and knackered suspension isn't dyno friendly plus the sump guard wasn't helping catching on the rollers, it would have been nice to see how a N/A petrol compared to the boosted diesels, I damn sure it wouldn't have produced as much smoke I think I may have poisoned my little lad !!!
the drive home up the rain soaked M1 was interesting to for all the wrong reasons, to say those tyres don't work in the wet is an understatement, it was like driving on ice and more than a little scary at times.

Should of put his radio controlled car on dyno :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 08:47 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Should of put his radio controlled car on dyno :-)
it would probably have achieved better results than the Xsara LOL
Thanks given by:
Nice car Budd, Got a soft spot for Xsara VTS's as they're much better value than the equivalent 6's. Just a shame the facelifts aint the best lookers, Loved the spot lights Big Grin
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 09:04 PM)budd Wrote:
(15-10-2013, 08:47 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Should of put his radio controlled car on dyno :-)
it would probably have achieved better results than the Xsara LOL

Ah it was you with the xsara! You should put up a build thread on here. It's night rallies you do isn't it? You was running quite allot of camber which is probably the reason for twichyness in the wet
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 09:11 PM)Pete Wrote: Nice car Budd, Got a soft spot for Xsara VTS's as they're much better value than the equivalent 6's. Just a shame the facelifts aint the best lookers, Loved the spot lights Big Grin
I've never being a big fan of French cars but I have to say the Xsara as surprised me it's a tough little thing, the build quaility is poor for electrics,trim and body etc but the bits that count (engine and suspension mainly) have managed to stand up to the abuse it's had over the last 12 months much better than I'd any right to expect for a car costing £300 with full MOT, sure I'd have liked a 306 GTi6 they are definitely a much better looking car, but considering the difference in price for what is basically the same car I can put up with the ugly duckling looks, the spots are a little on the large side, but believe me when your travelling at 3 figure speeds down a country lane or over the moors in the pitch black they are worth their weight and suddenly don't seems quite so over the top, they have 130w rally blubs and with thw 100w main beams, 55w dips we have well over 500w of light, lovely Smile

(15-10-2013, 09:13 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Ah it was you with the xsara! You should put up a build thread on here. It's night rallies you do isn't it? You was running quite allot of camber which is probably the reason for twichyness in the wet

there's a build thread is on the Xsara OC (cxoc.com) search 'project kennel' so called because I think a dog had been living in it and it still smells abit despite much cleaning.
Yes it's running a lot of camber to much infact, the coil spring top retainers are touching the inner wing strut turret, this and the semi slicks are always going to be a problem in heavy rain, it's twichy in the dry, the hackerman angle seems to way out causing the trye to push when turning, obviously not ideal so we've pulled out of our next rally which was Nov 2rd in Hexham because I think it would break the car, the plan is to strip the front suspension find out what's wrong and try to come up with a solution that A. works for rallies and track days and B. doesn't cost a fortune Smile, if you think it would be of interest I'll start a thread in the relevent section.
Thanks given by:
Yes please start a thread! This will be so cool to read about! It looks awesome. Was hoping to see what it pulls so I have something to go against for my '6.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 12:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yes please start a thread! This will be so cool to read about! It looks awesome. Was hoping to see what it pulls so I have something to go against for my '6.

I'll start a thread in the suspension section because that's the area that needs immediate attention , general details of the build can be found here
< http://www.cxoc.net/index.php?topic=19022.0 >
Thanks given by:
suspension overhaul / upgrade thread posted Smile
Thanks given by:
A bit of thread revival but did anyone get a video of the ZR on the rolling road?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 12:11 AM)lolsteve Wrote: A bit of thread revival but did anyone get a video of the ZR on the rolling road?

Nope, it's not a Peugeot!!! Tongue
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2013, 07:14 PM)Alee83 Wrote:
(19-11-2013, 12:11 AM)lolsteve Wrote: A bit of thread revival but did anyone get a video of the ZR on the rolling road?

Nope, it's not a Peugeot!!! Tongue
Yes it is! it was "fixed" at pugfest

[Image: 20130714_132047_zpsde4047a6.jpg]
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
^^^ hahahahaha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess the BHP - Non 306 Content *Results Are In* PartyJas 43 10,033 06-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Interesting 'How Many Left' Results... Matt-Rallye 27 5,089 20-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  MOT results.. cwspellowe 12 2,962 25-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe