gauges :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gauges :)
hey guys i know there are a few out there that have aftermarket gauges is there any you could recomend to me ?
i dont want chavvy looking ones and would like them to be accurate so no auto meter or what ever they are Tongue

would like them to all mach as well so would need a range that included

boost gauge(pref a derv one so it hasnt got the vac part to it)
water temp
oil pressure
oil temp
volts

maybe egt gauge or is there another gauge ive missed out that would be use full Smile

any help would be awsome Big Grin

ash23
Thanks given by:
I heard stack gauges were good, but pricey
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ash23 Wrote:(pref a derv one so it hasnt got the vac part to it)

Ah, I was wondering why they have vacuum on them too lol...didn't think about turbo petrols! Why would you need to know vac anyway? :?
Thanks given by:
I have an autoguage one. Its very good smooth and afaik accurate
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20120221_011513.jpg]
And illuminated.. one of seven colours
[Image: IMG_20120220_133911.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But its in Bar...... :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:But its in Bar...... :?
Thats where its at!
Thanks given by:
Is it?? I prefer the old school psi myself....
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah i probably would prefer psi and no vac lol
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Haha yeah i probably would prefer psi and no vac lol

Lol fair enough! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's the same boost gauge i have phil only reason I haven't got a psi one yet is because they get more expensive when you want them to go over 30psi!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
ISSPro if you want something that's Diesel specific and looks good... They fit in completely OEM with the dashboard - identical in colour and 99% identical in font, they're actually designed for Dodge/Cummins trucks, yes they are expensive and yes you have to import them from the US, but they're more than worth it IMHO...

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?Series=EVA_R

[Image: 282045_10150265159734006_3488509_n.jpg]

That's my boost one...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 10:44 AM)Ruan Wrote: ISSPro if you want something that's Diesel specific and looks good... They fit in completely OEM with the dashboard - identical in colour and 99% identical in font, they're actually designed for Dodge/Cummins trucks, yes they are expensive and yes you have to import them from the US, but they're more than worth it IMHO...

That's my boost one...

I have bookmarked this and will be getting one payday, I don't think 35quid plus postage is too bad !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Remember import tax, they end up being about £45 IIRC...

But if you buy more, obviously that cost goes down...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I occasionally get stuff sent over from America from a family member who lives over there & they somehow have a way around the import tax so that shouldn't be too much of a problem! I might stick up a list to see if anyone else wants one nearer the time..!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
one of the lads who i had a chat with about my exhaust reconmended Tim gauges as they are cheep and have all the fittings etc.
Thanks given by:
I could never spend ££££ on gauges, but then im a cheap chap and spending more on monitoring equipment than actual engine/power/internals is besides the point of XUD. I use cheap gauges that may not be as accurate, but it gives you SOME idea of whats going on with your setup, in reality they may be 10% out, but thats still going to give you good feedback of your system and highlight problems and issues. Ash I would get an EGT gauge on there so you know how hot your running, that should be high on that list in my opinion.

I use:
Boost gauge
EGT Gauge
Oil pressure
Oil temperature

These four will generally tell you when something wrong, or your about to melt something, I now have water temp gauge, but you can normally see if something wrong on your dash...
Cheap EGT probe I never had any issues with either, although that was only ~1000 miles (heavy smoke + 25-35lb), for VNT's probably wouldnt be a bad idea getting an EMP gauge on either to kind of monitor whats going on with vanes.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 10:44 AM)Ruan Wrote: ISSPro if you want something that's Diesel specific and looks good... They fit in completely OEM with the dashboard - identical in colour and 99% identical in font, they're actually designed for Dodge/Cummins trucks, yes they are expensive and yes you have to import them from the US, but they're more than worth it IMHO...

That's my boost one...

ahh cheers ruan ive never thougt about getting them imported ill have to look in to that as they look half decent Smile

(20-06-2012, 12:09 AM)Dave Wrote: I could never spend ££££ on gauges, but then im a cheap chap and spending more on monitoring equipment than actual engine/power/internals is besides the point of XUD. I use cheap gauges that may not be as accurate, but it gives you SOME idea of whats going on with your setup, in reality they may be 10% out, but thats still going to give you good feedback of your system and highlight problems and issues. Ash I would get an EGT gauge on there so you know how hot your running, that should be high on that list in my opinion.

I use:
Boost gauge
EGT Gauge
Oil pressure
Oil temperature

These four will generally tell you when something wrong, or your about to melt something, I now have water temp gauge, but you can normally see if something wrong on your dash...
Cheap EGT probe I never had any issues with either, although that was only ~1000 miles (heavy smoke + 25-35lb), for VNT's probably wouldnt be a bad idea getting an EMP gauge on either to kind of monitor whats going on with vanes.

Dave i get what you mean about cheap gauges but cant help but think ive spend some money on the engine i want to know exactly wats going on in there.
i have just got a EGT gauge its a hks on lol should be up to the job Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2012, 05:59 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [Image: IMG_20120221_011513.jpg]
And illuminated.. one of seven colours
[Image: IMG_20120220_133911.jpg]

ive got this one in psi, more acurate than my old digital piece of crap
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by: