smoking on idle bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smoking on idle bosch pump
hi.

since fitting my bosch its very smokey on first start up idle.

when i first put the pump on it was too retarded and it smoked like hell and hunted, litterly filled the street with smoke.

its at 2/3rds advance at the moment and dosnt smoke nowhere near as much but is still too smokey should i advance it some more?

just making sure before i advance it some more, as i dont wana kill my engine i heard too much advance can kill the engine lol.
Thanks given by:
sounds like you've timed it up a tooth out . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
the timing belt is correctly timed, double checked that twice lol. its fine when its warm runs sweet. just on first startup or if its been sat for a few hours its really smokey and stinks!
Thanks given by:
What colour is the smoke. Mine is smoking and it stinks
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
blueish/black i think., definatly not white though lol
Thanks given by:
Mines blue if I leave it is garage on idle and go in my eyes start to hurt lol. Maybe injectors of advance the pump. That's what I think it wrong with mine. If revved it clears and blows black
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
If the smokes blue'ish.. it's burning oil
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One of my old pugs use to cough on idle and blue smoke. Turned out to be a injector
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
All my xuds have smoked stupid colours in the morning, even with new stem seals!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Unless you are running veg it might be worth having a look at the injectors.
Thanks given by:
i dont run veg, it hasnt smoked on idle all afternoon, does still smell abit oily though when you stand near the car.

if its blue smoke again in the morning is that my stem seals then?
Thanks given by:
Mines being a tw*t too ever since putting a Bosch on. I'm sure it needs advancing. Also my accelotator pedal vibrates which is really annoying. Revved it manually from the engine hard and the pump vibrates?hoping new lines injectors and pump advance sort it out or in going back Lucas. It's embarrassingly smokey in the mornings. Although it was blowing smoke rings at work the other day wich was hilarious. I've got a hybrid turbo ready to go on as soon as I get the pump happy.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
This is what I got after changing the Lucas to a Bosch

Car ran fine on the lucas

Checked timing, but came down to a dodgy injector and the car needing a run.

Thanks given by:
problem solved, injector fuel return end cap was leaking! it was one of them cheap little red plastic blanks, put a propper sealed rubber one on much better
Thanks given by:
Gonna have a look at my injector leak off pipes, as mine has started doing this again! Think air gets in easier if you have low fuel in the tank because the air can rush into the tank when the fuel sloshes about in there, instead of having a full tank where the fuel is "plugging" the hole all the time. But I want to wait until my turbo change lol as I can't be arsed taking the intercooler off twice in a short space of time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,405 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,977 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,476 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby