Caged shell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caged shell
Seeing as I'm selling most of my stuff I thought I'd advertise my shell I have that I was intending to build up to race but money's tight and I'm honestly not to bothered if it sells as if not ill store it and rebuild it at a later date once funds allow. But anyways the history is this car belonged to velar who had all the cage installed and I now have It as a bare shell as brought it for the cage mainly.

Its a xsi shell which is perfect strait underneath with a big multipoint welded in cage that goes to the suspension turrets up front and rear beam points so is really rigid, it also has a plate over the sunroof. I brought it to restore it so brought it gone and removed the wings and screen in order to sand the bodywork down with the intention of painting it white which I'm yet to do. The shell comes with the wings and doors and lexan windows. There is no bonnet or boot as fibreglass items were used.

It cost me basically £1000 which is less than the cage cost originally.

I'd like £750 realistically or I could include a fibreglass bonnet and boot and black masks for £1000 all in bearing in mind this will need trailing as is just a shell only

[Image: 3BC230B5-E550-4B37-B753-582F9B1FC637-218...56bc10.jpg]

[Image: 607C7250-9ABE-47A6-AD52-F733939FF817-218...cb7379.jpg]

[Image: 9F5100F3-58DD-46A6-A3CC-DDC231D4CEF6-218...ab6edd.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why are you selling all of these shiney things when I am so skint!

GLWTS, a very fair price for that
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's a good price considering the amount it cost for the cage but its just unlikely I'll be doing much with it for a good while, well that said if it doesn't sell ill prob spray it over the winter
Thanks given by:
At that price it's basically a roll cage at a fair price with a free shell thrown in!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
good luck with sale! Also its bought and not brought!
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's basically it if someone had this cage fitted the car would need stripping to get it fitted so its kinda the case of stripping off the parts off a donor car onto this shell. Will make a cracking project
Thanks given by:
awesome. seems a goodcage.

shame it doesnt run to the front top strut mounts...I suppose you could weld in those though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It does run to the front strut turrets in 2 places in pic 2, but yes additional bars would not be expensive to add on in its current state
Thanks given by:
Still avaliable
Thanks given by:
ah I see them now...just wants a nice cross piece behind dash then nice triangular piece put in like a strut brace.

GLWTS bet it was a pricey install
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cost the original owner best part of £2000 if you look on xsport racing website it's got more pics of it during the instal.

Offers welcome
Thanks given by:
Deposit taken
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  before it goes in the bin gti 6 shell maxlee 13 2,888 22-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Last Post: maxlee
  Few bits going spare from the re-shell ozonehostile 20 6,001 09-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Last Post: ozonehostile
  306 shell Pugmarshall 10 4,118 23-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Last Post: gareth7