Help on fuelling! URGENT HELP NEEDED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on fuelling! URGENT HELP NEEDED
Cheers dave; it's not a bad shout. I'll be to speak to the previous owner and find out what's been done internally to the pump.

Is there any way to externally prevent the high idle if this is the case; ie; turn max fuel down?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If it only seems like a mild tune this would probably be because its running near max fuel but with a shit LDA. Best way is to run a decent LDA and max fuel can be backed off etc, makes pump generally happier too. sounds like the idle has been regulated just by the throttle cable position which is terrible as you start to load the alternator etc. Get the anti stall spring sorted.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You're on the money mate. The throttle barely hits the LDA; because GTI throttle cable.

Maybe worth having a go at fitting an XUD cable to hit LDA properly.

How easy is it to fit the anti stall spring; given I've never ventured inside a pump.?
Thanks given by:
Chock the cable up so it pulls more would be my first point of call lol, then sort the LDA. Of all the pump jobs I hate the little bastard spring, learn how to gov mod it's in that procedure.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The cable isn't the problem, it's the actual pedal; at full (pedal) throttle, Theres still a old 2/3 cm of throttle (cable) travel to go

I'll get reading and work on the spare pump I got Smile
Thanks given by:
The pump ran fine on my car, did hang very slightly but was maxxed out. Idle spring is still inside.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Just reading back through this thread and I think it may be down to the lock nuts not being tight causing things to vibrate all over the place raising up idles. This happened to Guy's.
Like I've said before you need to sort out that throttle as it's not reaching full so you won't get much power as I did lots of tweaking to get the most of the pump. I also undid the throttle nut and dropped it back a spline to lower the idle but had to do other mods to get the throttle travel back.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Thanks Perv x
Thanks given by:
Thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Urgent help needed, belt tensioner aux. Easy Spoonaltap 4 1,957 15-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Last Post: maxaret
Exclamation needed urgent, standard turbo to tmic pipe! Mattcheese31 12 4,420 30-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  urgent help needed! - not needed anymore! Ricky 6 1,835 07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Ricky