The Bavarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bavarian
Either that or send it/a spare off to Cully! He's got mad skills y0.

Can't believe how much turbo whistle you had even on idle now that the cat has been removed!
Thanks given by:
Haha i love the whistle.

I ate some brave pills then started taking my ECU apart, bearing in mind its coded to the key so if i f' it up i cant just buy another. *gulp*

Out of 56 pins, only 2 are causing me greif, and its the same pin on both chips. Gr!

[Image: IMG_32851_zpse8990bf5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sockets on, and tested with the original chips, at first there was a bit of a panic moment because it would idle at 2000ish rpm (total guess clocks didnt work) as well as putting the tcs light on.

BUT, it would still run, and i could rev it higher, which was a good sign being as the throttle pot only connects to the ECU.

Took it off, checked every soldier joint with a multimeter and it turned out two pins had a very small bridge from a bit of a soldier splash, remove it, tested.

Runs perfect Smile Now just wait for these chips with the different map on, see if they are any good.

[Image: IMG_3286_zpsf658e654.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3290_zpsf0f20b48.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Über turbo whistle !!!

Looks like this is getting there, you will have lots of fun and bald tyres lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
e36 touring. it's on my top 3 vans.

kit m3, and 17" wheels. ACS wheels will look awesome :p

keep posting. Big Grin
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
So my map turned up.

+30 ponies, should be, certainly feels like it...

also smokes a bit now, more boost required for more fasts now Smile

[Image: 1377588_10151678697336820_1136400321_n_zpsb7976661.jpg]
Thanks given by:
UPDATE:

Turbo failed. *facedesk*

It is however very good at making beautiful white (toxic) clouds and lubricating the inside of my exhaust system.

On the hunt for a replacement with more beef than the GT15.
Thanks given by:
Sounded a lot like my 205 does, i'll start looking for another turbo then lol. Fair play for jumping in to the ecu like that, not sure i'd have the guts.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Turbo en route from a 325TD

Mitsubishi TD04

£50

THANKS EBAY
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 09:09 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: Turbo en route from a 325TD

Mitsubishi TD04

£50

THANKS EBAY

Oh yeah who's the man...

[Image: baze6uve.jpg]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Out with the old

(A special thanks goes to whoever the legend in the BMW design department decided to use copper nuts on the exhaust, made life so much easier...)

[Image: IMG_3416_zps72f3dee7.jpg]

So, i got quite lucky i guess, as all the oil was pouring out the exhaust side, not through my inlet manifold where the engine would happily have done one and taken off.

There is about 1cm of movement front to back in the shaft 2-3mm in the other direction, i guess the bearing collapsed! Didnt make any weird failing type noises, odd one.

[Image: IMG_3418_zps91e9edc9.jpg]

Naked engine
[Image: IMG_3428_zps44da54e5.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3431_zps43a9dff8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good, want to see the TD04 mounted!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 11:31 AM)silverzx Wrote: Looks good, want to see the TD04 mounted!

So do i! Still waiting for it to arrive in the post Sad You know i recon when its all back together, because of the position of the airbox you wont even be able to tell anything has been done to it...

I do have the gasket thats listed for the TD04 though, its bigger... but i might get away with it meeting up to my down pipe still.

Hopefully

[Image: IMG_3433_zps1e2bbf1b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3435_zps071a1cf0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's the wrong size I may have the part number for the right one.. My scorpion exhaust on the gti6 used an identical 'ring'
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Who needs an exhaust pipe anyway?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
It has to sit right in the turbo though, and it is still small enough to seal on the pipe i think.

The proper solution to this would be to put a 325tds downpipe on, however i am having to do this roadside haha.
Thanks given by:
No seriously, who needs exhaust pipe anyway? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 03:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: No seriously, who needs exhaust pipe anyway? Tongue

Hahahhaha

As awesome as it would sound. I dont fancy the hot air melting through my aluminium steering column business!
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 04:10 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote:
(27-11-2013, 03:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: No seriously, who needs exhaust pipe anyway? Tongue

Hahahhaha

As awesome as it would sound. I dont fancy the hot air melting through my aluminium steering column business!

Ahh, there is that..

At Forge Action Day at Combe my Nissan 200SX managed to lose all of its exhaust.. It was hot to say the least..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Turbo, hurray.

After a wee bit of cleaning, it was filthy.

[Image: IMG_3449_zpsa3882235.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3453_zps618760aa.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3456_zpsa59563fd.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit of a comparison

[Image: IMG_3463_zpsb3881832.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3464_zps0a019d19.jpg]
Thanks given by:
awesome, same flange onto the manifold then, bit exhaust side is longer so the downpipe will need modding to prevent bulkhead interface most likely.

I'm wondering what's the next step up from the TD04 myself.

I did see a complete 335D setup...
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2013, 09:19 AM)welshpug Wrote: awesome, same flange onto the manifold then, bit exhaust side is longer so the downpipe will need modding to prevent bulkhead interface most likely.

I'm wondering what's the next step up from the TD04 myself.

I did see a complete 335D setup...

One of these? Also known as, how to detonate an engine in 3 - 2 - 1.. hahaha
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...ink:top:en

[Image: %24_12.JPG]
Thanks given by:
Looking good! Love turbo comparrison shots.

Should be a lot quicker with that thing on!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Minor update.

Its, sort of on. Ish.

Few issues, had to "adjust" the oil return pipe, with a lump hammer to make it clear the engine mount. The wastegate wont fit, because it fouls the hollow bolt that gives the turbo its oil feed.

Inlet and outlet pipes are huge compared, no way my original pipes will fit haha.

[Image: IMG_3489_zps99e74a2f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3495_zps7f5d092c.jpg]

Any of you wonderful people able to help me with ideas on getting my wastegate issue resolved? :/
Thanks given by:
Move it? Bend the arm? Sack it off altogether? Depends how badly it fouls and where there's room for manoeuvre really.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 08:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: Move it? Bend the arm? Sack it off altogether? Depends how badly it fouls and where there's room for manoeuvre really.

Surley sacking it off altogether will be bad kudos all round, i dont think the engine will take the full brunt of the td04 haha.

Im going to see if i can attach the actuator off the gt15 onto it, its smaller and mounts on the back of the compressor housing rather than the front.

Wish me luck!
Thanks given by:
why does it foul now but didn't on the 2.5?
Thanks given by:
Shorter engine - so will be more shit in the way.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
there would have been a banjo bolt in the same place on the 2.5, so unless you've clocked the housing it shouldn't be in the way.
Thanks given by: