Cat swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat swap
Have seen some videos of people swapping their BMW cats out for a cherry bomb...I'm definitely gonna decat it, and I want to either swap the cat for a bomb or the middle silencer on my magnex system because the middle box is knackerd. I want to keep the back box, so the question is decat/cherry bomb straight through to the back box, or regular decat to a cherry middle box and magnex rear, anyone done this before? Is welding a bomb where the cat was too much effort? obviously it will be easier to weld into centre, just wondered about noise difference, I want as much rasp as possible, thanks ...essay over
Thanks given by:
NO CAT is an MOT failure to any law abiding MOT inspector
Thanks given by:
its just had 12 months plus I have a friendly tester Wink really not fussed about legality
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 05:39 AM)cully Wrote: NO CAT is an MOT failure to any law abiding MOT inspector

Quite a few places will pass the car if it still passes emissions but then that is a big IF with a lot of cars as it will be well over...
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont think i have ever seen a catless car that could meet a cat emissions test! Well not petrol ones. LPG will do! But thats defeats the point as they only have to meet 3.5% co when converted anyway!

I think a lot of people tend to have "bolt in" decat sections made up or bought, so they can easily swap between come MOT day.
Thanks given by:
My old hdi passed with a decat and when I had a genuine standard exhaust on my gti6 with just a de-cat it passed (just, was on the limit)
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, your Diesel HDI wont be tested on the cat thats why, it only has a smoke test to pass Wink

Hence why i said petrol cars! Haha, you must have one clean GTI6 Smile
Thanks given by:
Has anyone tried this setup then..?
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 11:05 PM)S160six Wrote: Has anyone tried this setup then..?

Used straight pipe to replace a cat before but not used a cherry bomb in the place of a cat.
Thanks given by: