3" FMIC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3" FMIC
Ok people. Ive just picked up a brand new twin pass FMIC and box of piping including mikalor clamps, pipes and bend for £125. Didnt really care about the piping as I wanted the cooler. Turns out its all 3". So... Do I use the 3 inch stuff seeing as I already have enough clamps and joins now. Or should i sell it all on and get 2.25" like everyone else.

If I was to use the 3" stuff how could i get it around the rad? Would it be bad to reduce it to 2.25" and then back to 3"? Ive got crash damage already on the passenger chassis leg so I dont mind chopping it all up to get it through! Should fit everywhere else i think.
Thanks given by:
You'll get alit of extra lag with 3" pipes. Overkill IMO.
The 205 pulled 190bhp with 2" pipes
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Just now ive got like £50 quids worth of bends, camps and clamps. All i need is a few straights and reducers D:

[Image: 1377621_10152043226793268_646964233_n_zps3213eccc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol!

Um yeah, slight overkill, not sure you'll get it to fit even if you do hack the shit out of your bodywork. Tbh i don't know why anyone just doing stage 2 doesn't stick with 2", it's plenty big enough.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
its not that big... okay yeh its pretty big.
Thanks given by:
3" is like 500bhp territory! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
sounds like a challenge!
Thanks given by:
Here are all the bits ive got. Its a 3" kit for a nissan. I got everything in the pics for £125. The receipt for the pipework from ASH is £70. Just tried placing some of the piping in the engine bay and its a bit large. Doesnt fit between the leg and the rad at all really! Do people agree the best thing to do is sell it on and buy 2.25" piping?

[Image: IMG_6472_zps5389b5fe.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6473_zps5970f8a8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks same intercooler as I've got, its stupidly big.

Had a few thoughts about sending it back actually, but manned up and got it on becauseracecar

I'm almost certain it increased lag / emp on my setup, but if anythings going to cool your charge, this will be it - world of difference, my inlet mani is cool to the touch Big Grin

I've gone for 3 > 2.25 reducing 90 elbows off the fmic, then past side of rad

3inch is pain, takes up too much room in the engine bay
Thanks given by:
3" is huge and wont fit anywhere. I have long been tempted to make up a custom lower bar for mounting the rad on for custom pipe work.

Out of interest is it stainless or ally
Thanks given by:
pretty sure its ally.
Thanks given by:
Thats big but definitely usable. Just sack off the 3" pipe (send it my way for the 200SX) and get some 2 or 2.25" piping!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Mate if you are interested in selling the 3" bits I could be interested in buying ninja
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 07:47 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Mate if you are interested in selling the 3" bits I could be interested in buying ninja

ill get in touch
Thanks given by:
3" exhaust again Dum? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: