I think I may have HG issues :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I may have HG issues :(
I have bled the coolant properly a few times, but I still have a rock hard top pipe after driving and when taking the cap off the coolant doesn't pour out but there is a lot of pressure, makes a high pitched squeal when releasing the cap!

Ahh so much effort Sad It holds temperature fine, just worried that any mapping will make it 10x worse..

Best way to bleed coolant is blow into the overflow pipe with my hand over the header tank with the matrix bleed cap off right?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I thought HDi dont really have headgasket issues?

Dont you do the coke bottle trick?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but I don't have much luck sometimes! I can never get on with the bottle way, prefer to blow into the overflow, its also a damn sight quicker.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 09:41 PM)Tom Wrote: I thought HDi dont really have headgasket issues?

Dont you do the coke bottle trick?

I dont think ive heard of one with head gasket gone...

As said best thing is coke bottle trick. Put coke bottle into water tank fill it till water runs out the bleeding points. Water has to be higher than bleed points
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, its also slowly using water, I've had to refill the header probably 4 times in two months after doing my cambelt.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Stick a hose pipe in the header tank with a wet towel or something round the end to sort of seal it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
To bleed it?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Its effectively a much stronger version of what your doing except with less air.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ok may try that next week whilst I'm doing other stuff to the car.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I'd be surprised if you're still seeing issues with bleeding this long after, sounds a lot like hg. It is very rare on the HDis, but not the first i've seen.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just going to keep driving and see how it goes
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Have seen a hdi in the scrappy that looked like it had hgf, but again seems very rare on these engines
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I have seen a few, usually caused by air locks/improper bleeding of the coolent system i find.
Thanks given by:
After driving home from work today I took off the bleed screw from the matrix (I wore protective gloves etc before anyone says anything!) And it shot out with a lot of pressure, I then refilled the tank and bled it out again at both points, will see what happens when I drive it again. My only concern is having to top it up with coolant once every two weeks during the winter is going to cost a fair bit of money..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: