Re-intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-intro
Hey guys...

I've given a half assed intro here before but kinda fell out of interest in forums for a long time...

Was a member on theywhoshallnotbenamed for years and threezerosix.co.uk before it went under...

Started off with a 306 Hdi Dturbo in black

[Image: DSC01145.jpg]

Which I drove and loved for a long time and thought I'd never sell but then the temptation of the GTi6 grew in me (I did ponder the tuned hdi route instead but didn't)

I bought an awful 205 GTi for £250 with a blown diff that took out the bell housing when it blew... fitted a new box and sent it on for £750 (box cost me £45)

[Image: IMAGE_048.jpg]

Then moved onto the GTi6 which I've had ever since and tbh there isn't really any cars beyond a 306 that tickle my fancy without costing a LOT LOT more money than a 306 so for now I'm ok with the 6...

[Image: IMG_2733.jpg]

and along the way I've killed plenty of GTi6's

[Image: DSC02353Medium.jpg]

[Image: DSC02355.jpg]

[Image: DSC02242.jpg]

[Image: DSC02253.jpg]

[Image: Phase1GTi6-edit.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0186_zpsf9c97a0c.jpg]

So RIP to:

R39 FGJ
T689 VOU
P997 UDU
P483 RYN
P37 GJM
P550 GEC

But I did save

R121 MRX (not sure if its still alive) which I bought with a snapped belt and every single valve inlet and exhaust were bent and needed to be forcibly removed from the head.

[Image: DSC02850.jpg]

and

This diablo, my ongoing tinker toy for when I'm bored with Piper cams and BTCC pistons... bought with piston number 3 in the sump as it had been run low on oil and had spun a shell...

[Image: Diablo1_zps58e84722.jpg]

the bent rod:

[Image: DSC02773.jpg]

some of the bits I fished out of the sump!

[Image: DSC02759.jpg]

oh, and my other toy:

[Image: ava.jpg]
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice collection...just to summarise...

you have two 306s now??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yea I have my daily drive which is a 1999 phase 3 moonstone blue GTi6 which has a few little bits and bobs done...

Then I have a the diablo phase 2 with piper fast road cams with uprated valve springs, it has btcc pistons with deep cut outs, lightened and balanced flywheel, lightweight aux pulleys, ported and polished head chipped and re-mapped ecu... its on the deck well and truly! but will be raised

then there's the hornet
Thanks given by:
Welcome back, I recognise your name and cars from the pugnet days, '6 looks tidy!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome back, I remember your name from years ago! Smile Good to see you're sticking around!
Thanks given by:
I did used to be a lot more active on the forums, partly due to breaking 6's and selling the bits and partly through having more spare time too
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:41 PM)MCH Wrote: the bent rod:

[Image: DSC02773.jpg]

[Image: DSC02759.jpg]

Thats quite an achievement! Is that the remains of a piston in pieces that was fished out the sump?
Thanks given by:
Sure I've seen your '6 about from when I was at uni in Falmouth. Private plate?

The Manstone looks awesome. PLease note Niall, correct size of Tuwinis there Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 03:36 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Sure I've seen your '6 about from when I was at uni in Falmouth. Private plate?

The Manstone looks awesome. PLease note Niall, correct size of Tuwinis there Wink

Nah not on a private plate, there was a guy going around with a manstone hdi on a private plate and i'm sure I saw he changed to a gti6 in manstone too but that was in lanner
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
welcome. never seen you on the forums. maybe you were before my time!
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 03:28 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 09:41 PM)MCH Wrote: the bent rod:

Thats quite an achievement! Is that the remains of a piston in pieces that was fished out the sump?

yeah it was, the conrod scored the bore as it carried on its stroke, lucky it didn't
punch through the block really but it was still scrap...

[Image: DSC02758.jpg]

biggest bit:

[Image: DSC02754.jpg]

oh and this was the state of the valves from R121 MRX:

[Image: Photo0004.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Little update on the red gti6

Its now on the road!!! and my daily drive temporarily...

I got rid of the angel eyes and fitted black masks, also there was 1 foglight and 1 duct to the pipercross viper, I thought it looked a bit daft having just one fog so fitted a 2nd duct, doesn't really function for anything other than I can see the level of washer fluid through it lol

Will have to get a better picture really...

[Image: diablogti6_zpsc4f1a682.jpg]

Brief spec...

1997 Gti6 Diablo Red
Piper 285H cams & Piper valve springs
Stage 3 ported & polished cylinder head
Ported and polished Throttle body
Chipped then rolling road mapped ECU
BTTC Pistons with deep pockets
Rich W aux pulleys
PTFE Manifold gasket
I fitted some high tensile studs and stainless nuts on the exhaust mani rather than standard
Pipercross Viper induction with cold feed via duct inplace of foglight
Magnex cat back (although midbox was removed and stainless bridge put in, I may have a mid re-fitted)
Its lowered on shocks and springs (no idea on brand but been told its -60mm)
Currently sitting on my Speedline turini's but It will go back onto the original wheels which are a lightweight wheel similar to supaleggra unless someone gives me a good price.
Rear adjusted to suit
It also has a rally (not rallye) bash/sump guard that fixes to the subframe and protects the whole underside of the engine although I've not re-fitted it

Also someone butchered the air con, and as I had the entire front end off and engine out I thought I'd replace that, so it has brand new pipes and air con rad just needs a re-gas and should be icy cold (also waxoiled the pipes and removed the standard fixings that usually rot out)

Went to fire it up first off and it just cranked and cranked without firing... was getting fuel but no spark, checked an unlocked ecu with the fuel pump unplugged and all coils off except a spare with a sparkplug in to check for spark... nothing...

Turned out to be a duff Crank sensor, and the ICV was duff which made it rev up and down when warm but both sorted now...

Seems to go alright so far but not given it any welly as its not been back together for much over 300miles... keep being surprised when checking the oil that its still as clean and clear as when I put it in... not used to that.
Thanks given by:
Welcome looks great

Have you had it RR ? Obviously runs aftermarket management?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
No previous owner that originally built it up had it done, the standard ecu has a programmable chip added and then was set up on a local rolling road
Thanks given by:
Then I have a the diablo phase 2 with piper fast road cams with uprated valve springs, it has btcc pistons with deep cut outs, lightened and balanced flywheel, lightweight aux pulleys, ported and polished head chipped and re-mapped ecu... its on the deck well and truly! but will be raised

Fifa 15 coins
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro & 306 rocker cover David Floyd 2 745 06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  intro sam90 17 2,725 13-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: sam90
  First posting intro Stratocaster26 5 994 20-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz