Normal running temps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normal running temps
right, i know some cars are different, and it does depend what coolant mix etc is in the system, but was wondering what kind of running temps people get on the 1.4?

since the headgasket and associated coolant flush/refill mine sits on the 1st mark past 90 (95?), peaks past to about 97 (when putting a lot of load on the engine), then the fans come on and it goes down to 90ish, back to 95ish etc
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I had a new engine put in mine that's is a 1.4 but mine runs at about 80. I'd check your thermostat. it should start to open at about 89 and fully open at about 95. the temperature on mine drops back to 80 as soon as the thermostat opens
Thanks given by:
the 1.4 1.6 engines should run about 90
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
thermostat is ok, rad hose gets HOT when the temp gets to about 75/80 indicated, before i did the coolant change it sat at 90 regardless of what i did to it, that was with about 5% coolant, the rest being rusty crap water, filled it with pre-mix comma stuff this time, i'm not overly worried though, i've had a couple of TU's that sit at 95, but they were iron block gti / 106xsi engines - 100hp
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
My 1.6 has sat at 95/97 for a good few years. Still plodding along nice and toasty.
Thanks given by:
85 to 90, only goes above 90 (to about 93-94 ish) when giving it serious hammer for a while or sat in traffic.

Any hotter and I'd be worried tbh.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 01:57 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: 85 to 90, only goes above 90 (to about 93-94 ish) when giving it serious hammer for a while or sat in traffic.

Any hotter and I'd be worried tbh.

Lol i must have a strange car then mine goes down in traffic and goes up when driving ..well it goes down when i put my clutch in lol but 90 is ok really mine sits about 88 most of the time its quite commen for the little 1.4s to be up in the 90s...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by: