306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project.
(07-03-2014, 09:41 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: FYI it's castor they add, not camber Wink /pedantic

Can't see how they would do this?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Powerflex say it themselves

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/p...324/1.html
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its not that I dont believe ya midnight...just trying to work it out in my head how a p bush could do that...

(and it totally suddnely made sense about camber, as I defo have more camber on fronts now with the powerflex bushes fitted)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Easy enough to add caster with a modified P-bush - move the rear of the wishbone outwards, which given the front wishbone bush doesn't move would push the balljoint and thus hub forwards slightly. Given that the strut top position doesn't change, the angle of the strut changes, thus altering the caster.

If you look at the picture on the Powerflex site you can see that the hole on the P-bush is offset to enable this.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
That makes sense tbf, guess the ebay seller I bought mine from can't even copy and paste lol. I imagine it's because you're pushing out the rear pivot point, pivoting around the front pivot point, therefore the balljoint is moved forward a tad and increasing the rake angle of the strut aka castor.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fitted the vibratechnics engine mount...

Well its all in the name really, it vibrates like a good'n!

Couldnt hack it this was as a daily driver, will put a few miles on it and see if it loosens up.

If not will be for sale for anyone whos interested! The gear changes are fantastic but with the car being a daily/in traffic a lot I couldnt do it im afraid.
Thanks given by:
It should ease up a little in a few hundred miles but personally I'm never a fan of solid mounts on diesels.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Its great once I get going, the vibrations can be lived with. Otherwise it's a big nono, fingers crossed its fine, would be annoying to pay for an 'experiment'
Thanks given by:
Hahahaha wimp!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Man I sit in stop start traffic every morning for 15 miles to uni, then the same on the way back, theres no way I could stick this if it doesnt ease up lol
Thanks given by:
the engine mount has eased up a bit but the dash vibrating is a bit much for me personally.

£30 posted in the alloy cradle if anyones interested?
Thanks given by:
Took the car a drive up the coast roads a week or so ago, she done me proud Smile was a nice enjoyable drive.

[attachment=14305]

she got a bit filthy on the dirve home due to the grittters being out...

[Image: 2exmq9g.jpg]

So a quick wash later, i then decided to give it a bit of a detail too due to the good weather, will maybe lower it this weekend, im tempted to get it done sooner rather than later.

Bit of pic whoring....

[Image: qx2s5z.jpg]

[Image: awygzq.jpg]

[Image: 2dtn82a.jpg]

[Image: 2vxmxhf.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats a good looking car!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks very much bud! Big Grin

Just a pity i hadn't slipped the rub strip on the wing back on before the pics! One clips broken and it comes off, so i just take it off before i wash it now lol.
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely mcglynn.
Id say its a good comfy sail as it sits now?
Thanks given by:
Yeah its on coils and 50 profiles at the front, so its lower than it looks at the front.

Back is on 55 profiles and not lowered yet so is quite high in comparison.

Want 50s on the rear and 2 nicks then wind the front down to match Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking stunning mate,nearly as clean as my diablo gti6 good work keep it up ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Hey your from ireland and you havent ruined your car yet! This is a world first!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha it will never be ruined anyhow, im more into how the car goes than its 'stance' lol. Will have it a bit low but still high enough to be able to have a bit of fun in it Big Grin

Some progress pics from today's further detailling...

[Image: e5ujarab.jpg]

[Image: e2u7ynuh.jpg]

[Image: qupe4y6u.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Such a pic whore! :p
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha the selfie is probably the best one! Cars feeling sorry for itself again, can't wait until summer to have loads of time for cleanliness!
Thanks given by:
Well the car took a few subtle changes on board this last few days.

pictures speak 1000 words so enjoy;

[Image: buryguga.jpg]

[Image: ehama8y6.jpg]

[Image: 8ygu9u7e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
May aswell update this a bit more.

Standard engine mount is back in, over the mooon! Its like a different car to drive. Biggest waste of 30 quid ive had yet.

Woke up sunday and went to drive it, big clunk followed by a lot of clunking...

[Image: eqatuje3.jpg]

Bottom small bolt had come loose and put a lot of stress on the p bush.

Not surprised it snapped, new replacements in on warranty.
Thanks given by:
What engine mount you have in it before?
Thanks given by:
Had a vibratechnics lower/rear mount.

its a bit fubar'd from taking it out, but was too solid for my liking on a diesel car. Was nice once the csr got moving, but even low revs cruising it was causing the cabin to shake itself to bits.

Prefer the extra bit of movement and smooth everyday driving over it.
Thanks given by:
There really is no worse thing you can do to a diesel 306 than fit anything but a standard lower mount in the standard configuration, anything stiffer ruins the car
Thanks given by:
As I found out the expensive way lol!

All good now though
Thanks given by:
Anyone got any 'to do's' before FCS?

Have a little list myself but any checks to make etc would be good!
Thanks given by:
1. Is it running? If so, pack all the spares as you're obviously due a break-down.

HTH x
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
awk poodle you're so kind! Thought you guys would have had a checklist! Sad

just hope I dont miss anything the beast doesn't throw a tantrum on my trip Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9) Midnightclub 329 124,650 19-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,723 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Small progress... laurence_13 23 8,638 10-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Last Post: 1616six