RR day in Cotswolds...planning ahead.

Poll: Whens best for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
First 1/2 of November
14.29%
2 14.29%
Second 1/2 of November
21.43%
3 21.43%
First 1/2 of December
21.43%
3 21.43%
Second 1/2 of December
7.14%
1 7.14%
First 1/2 of January
14.29%
2 14.29%
Second 1/2 of January
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RR day in Cotswolds...planning ahead.
Ok, so I know there is only one in a few days time...but I thought as its quite north and this is more central that those who couldnt make the Yorkshire one maybe interested in this...

Btec racing. OX7 6BQ.
Small established garage, lots of experience.

They can only handle max20 cars but wont really give a price per car till I can say how many will want it.

They offer you two runs. Im hoping they may allow adjustment between for tweaking!...but will enquire.

so vote for a month...and pop ya name down if you would genuinely be interested. (consider a average RR is around 35pr car as a guide.)

I will be down there soon for a few runs with the GT...so I can also gauge how they handle turbo diesels!

1. Piggy (306GT)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What type of dyno do they use? Anyone ever used them before? Would have to see a vague price before committing to anything, £35 is fine, but some places charge daft money. Potentially well up for it though. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeah no wuz. Im guna buzz down there again later to inspect closer....if my tank elbow arrives.

their site: http://www.btecracing.co.uk/rollingroad.htm

dastek RR according to the site details.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I contacted them a while ago, for 2 runs was £50 plus VAT. Would be interested price dependent.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Hahaha that's me being lazy, and not having much signal for google tbf.

Sixty quid is a bit much for two runs imo, will keep an eye on this for further developments though. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeah but thats a price if you just booked one car in
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Like the other guys, i'd be up for this. Just price dependent. Would like to see what my car is producing now i've had it mapped! This'll be just up the road from me in swindon so ideal really!
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 11:24 AM)ttbook Wrote: Like the other guys, i'd be up for this. Just price dependent. Would like to see what my car is producing now i've had it mapped! This'll be just up the road from me in swindon so ideal really!

nice one...just replied to your "im new here thread"....then realised it was some time ago! you aint far from me then!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
he joined 6 months before you james lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I'd suggest as with all RR, they can accomodate diesel cars and are happy with 40 DERV runs....
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 11:50 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'd suggest as with all RR, they can accomodate diesel cars and are happy with 40 DERV runs....

its the diesel side of things i need to ensure they can do.

What I am hoping is to have a good chat with them, get mine on, video it, get it up, see what you all think Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
price is £40inc vat per car.
you get 3 power runs for a decent average figure.

min10 cars, max15.

They dont really want people tinkering between the 3power runs...but if we get on with it and dont faff...the if theres time at the end, anyone who has had a tinker can have a another run.

get ya names down!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's not bad, confirmed a date yet?

1. Piggy
2. Poodle (date dependant)
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll see what two main half months people want, then go for a date. bit all over the place at the moment with when peeps are available
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Might come along (depending on what time it happens) but not run seeing as I'm poor, and haven't done anything since I was last on the rollers.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Dastek Dyno FTW
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Might pop along to this for the lolz, date depending Smile
Thanks given by:
Appreciate the support guys.
Is a small place though so if we get the needed 10-15cars can I ask people car share if you not wanting to run your car but want to come for lols!

(02-10-2013, 08:56 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dastek Dyno FTW

do we approve?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tempted to see what my 6 is putting out. Depends if its in 1 piece on the date, being French it's bound to be broken Dodgy
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Aha yeah i'm not the most active forum member. Usually just read more than post. But I try!

Stick me down for this then!

1. Piggy
3. ttbook
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 11:35 AM)ttbook Wrote: Aha yeah i'm not the most active forum member. Usually just read more than post. But I try!

Stick me down for this then!

1. Piggy
3. ttbook
Plenty of lurkers on here mate, just get involved and get yourself along to meets, we don't bite! Smile
Thanks given by:
get ya name down scott....you can personally intro him to the club
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ooer, careful, he'll get the wrong idea lol

I might come along buddy, just depends on the date really. As I said, I won't be running though, I know what mine's putting out Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm game, only down the road, sorta :-P

Dunno which car il run, depends what I'm driving at the time
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
looking like end of nov/beginning of Dec time so far...

but need some more names.
Can you be passenger in someones motor Scott? (PS I would curious to know the REAL figure of the R26 is!)

1. Piggy
3. ttbook
4. Ozone
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Luke will probably come come too, just not on the forum very much at the moment
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 01:55 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Luke will probably come come too, just not on the forum very much at the moment

with a motor?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 01:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: looking like end of nov/beginning of Dec time so far...

but need some more names.
Can you be passenger in someones motor Scott? (PS I would curious to know the REAL figure of the R26 is!)

1. Piggy
3. ttbook
4. Ozone

That's cool, just remember the Christmas meet is on the 30th of November so people might not want to spend the money on a RR so close to both the Christmas meet and Christmas itself Smile

Depending on who is going, I'd happily jump in with someone else (I know you want to save space). Well it was put on a RR when it was mapped and had a couple done as originally the torque was higher than what's considered to be 'safe and reliable' on the forums, so another one was carried out afterwards when it was mapped to slightly less torque. I'm pretty confident that it's actually 260bhp Smile
Thanks given by:
cool. good shout on the 30th of Nov meet. First half of dec may be better then
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Exactly why i siad date dependant, probably won't have time around then, we'll see though. Would definitely like to get this done on a dyno thats not run by complete wankers lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CONVOY: midlands, cotswolds Piggy 3 1,354 04-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile