Old skool cool on a new plate...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old skool cool on a new plate...
http://bit.ly/GzziJ1
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
hows that possible?

I thought putting a new style reg on a car older than the year was illegal?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It will have just been registered late Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 09:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: hows that possible?

I thought putting a new style reg on a car older than the year was illegal?!

It is, unless it's been sat at a dealers and only just registered...
Seems unlikely for the mileage though...
Thanks given by:
irish import maybe? seen it before with a R100 that should have been an R plater when it was imported back to the uk. I think there was either a f*ck up or they couldn't really prove what year the car was on, so it got the reg plate that was out at the time, which was a 56 plate.
Thanks given by:
according to the thing it was registered in 2003. can only assume it was a late one very late by the looks of it
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 09:15 PM)adamm306 Wrote: according to the thing it was registered in 2003. can only assume it was a late one very late by the looks of it

That's what I thought, tempted to buy it as cheap tax lol

Thanks given by:
Manufacturer: Peugeot
Model: Not available
Year: 1995
Colour: Silver
Fuel Type: Heavy Oil
Engine Size (CC): 1905
VIN: Not available
V5C Issued: Not available

Tax Status: Licence Due to Expire
Expiry Date: 01/10/2013
Registration Date: 26/02/2003
6 Month Cost: £123.75
12 Month Cost: £225.00

The Tax is still pretty high or is that normal for a 1.9DT?
Thanks given by:
thats standard 1.9dt tax
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
my mates actually done a deal on this, picking it up on Saturday, apparently it used to be on an irish plate, its bosch too Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 10:08 PM)padge Wrote: my mates actually done a deal on this, picking it up on Saturday, apparently it used to be on an irish plate, its bosch too Smile

Arse !

But then again no cheap tax so...

Thanks given by:
Imports get put on imported years plate. Not relevant rear of manufacture. Just a case of common sense isn't present! I'm having a right ball ache because of this reason and that's just on an Northern Ireland import.

DVLA want the recent log book dated 2007
Dispite
DVA (NI) log book dating 2013

Both v5c are the same except the DVLA has 1 previous keeper but the DVA has no previous keeper. Neither agency have acces to each other's systems simple cross matching and common sense would make it simple.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
its got a leaky water pump, heaters don't work.. hes sorting those out and putting 12 months test on too.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 10:28 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Imports get put on imported years plate. Not relevant rear of manufacture. Just a case of common sense isn't present! I'm having a right ball ache because of this reason and that's just on an Northern Ireland import.

Dispite

Both v5c are the same except the DVLA has 1 previous keeper but the DVA has no previous keeper. Neither agency have acces to each other's systems simple cross matching and common sense would make it simple.

Hold on, you expect two (unconnected) government departments to talk to one another? Do you do regular standup?!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 07:32 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(30-09-2013, 10:28 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Imports get put on imported years plate. Not relevant rear of manufacture. Just a case of common sense isn't present! I'm having a right ball ache because of this reason and that's just on an Northern Ireland import.

Dispite

Hold on, you expect two (unconnected) government departments to talk to one another? Do you do regular standup?!

lmao

Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 07:32 PM)burnmw Wrote:

Dispite

When both agencies use the same paper work same documentation pays into the same pot share the same taxing system and so on then being able to access the same system shouldn't be a problem. It'd be no different than me or you accessing this site.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
there's various 306's scattered around on newer plates, seen a phase 1 cab on a 52 plate once and the Silverstone track cars (gti6) are on newer plates...
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 09:25 PM)MCH Wrote: there's various 306's scattered around on newer plates, seen a phase 1 cab on a 52 plate once and the Silverstone track cars (gti6) are on newer plates...

I guess a vehicle that's never been on the road i.e. an airport vehicle, when it then goes on the road, it is registered to go on the road and it uses the current year?

Thanks given by:
Mine was manufactered in 1996 but its an s reg! So been sat waiting about for a while, so probably true for that Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 09:33 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 09:25 PM)MCH Wrote: there's various 306's scattered around on newer plates, seen a phase 1 cab on a 52 plate once and the Silverstone track cars (gti6) are on newer plates...

I guess a vehicle that's never been on the road i.e. an airport vehicle, when it then goes on the road, it is registered to go on the road and it uses the current year?

Correct. The date marker on a plate is not a sign of the vehicle age. Its a sign of the date (well within 6 months) of registration.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Seen this tonight at mfn. Thought I had seen it somewhere but not sure...
So padge was it iris or late registration?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I did see a 2005 reg Mk1 golf a couple of years ago (and no it wasn't a "golf city" south African import) mind you it didn't look in the best of conditions so perhaps an irish import or something
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 09:35 PM)Sian Wrote: Mine was manufactered in 1996 but its an s reg! So been sat waiting about for a while, so probably true for that Smile

Snap, MYA was made in early 96, registered late 97...hence it's annoying buying parts for her lol

Thanks given by:
yes mate it used to be an irish plate, its pretty tidy too don't you think?
Thanks given by:
it used to be on irish plate no rust on inner arches or to be fair any where the only problem ive found is that the rear bushes bang to which i have brought some and there getting put on tomorrow. it even has a little red book inside which says the price of the car from new which was £15,440 with tax and 6 disc cd changer that it still has and a mountain of receipts and history with it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool Mods for Skint People Eeyore 70 21,662 16-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Looks pretty cool titch 9 2,846 13-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Last Post: adam b
  Sun strip - cool or no cool? Orta 39 6,987 23-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Last Post: impotentials