Reconditioned Phones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconditioned Phones
I just got an tex from 02 saying that my phone can't be repaired and they they're sending a reconditioned one up for me pick up at the local shop. Mine didn't have a mark on it, and told them i didn't want recon, i want a new one as that's what a warranty's for ie if they can't fix, they replace with new....or am i wrong
Thanks given by:
It will state in their warranty that you get a recon as replacement. To be fair whats wrong with a recon? Yours was a second hand phone when it went back to them.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know, but was bought new....if you bought a new car, and it went back, then got offered a recon, would you take it

If the recon's unmarked like mine was (got photos to prove) then i suppose fair enough, we'll see though
Thanks given by:
Is it being posted to you? Or sent to a local store or something? If so id wait to see what the replacement is like, my iphone replacement was recon and theres no way you could tell it wasnt brand new.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above - friend of mine has had a couple of recon replacement phones and both have been as-new condition wise.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 02:11 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Is it being posted to you? Or sent to a local store or something? If so id wait to see what the replacement is like, my iphone replacement was recon and theres no way you could tell it wasnt brand new.

No the shop....oh i know, but if it's not the same as mine, i'm not taking it

(28-01-2014, 02:15 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: As above - friend of mine has had a couple of recon replacement phones and both have been as-new condition wise.

As above...i'll see what comes back, and take it from there
Thanks given by:
TBF recon ones tend to be so good you wouldn't know it wasn't new
Thanks given by:
Recon phones are basically a brand new phone. When i had my last iPhone replaced, they gave me a refurb and i asked to what extent it was refurbed. Every single thing except the main board is replaced so it is basically a new phone and still carries a warranty anyway so its not an issue.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 05:01 PM)Niall Wrote: Recon phones are basically a brand new phone. When i had my last iPhone replaced, they gave me a refurb and i asked to what extent it was refurbed. Every single thing except the main board is replaced so it is basically a new phone and still carries a warranty anyway so its not an issue.

This.

All the iPhones at work that we have been issued are reconditioned. You wouldn't know. I have handed out 30+ to engineers now and every single one I would challenge you to know they weren't brand new. I wouldn't work TBF Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
its probably out of date and a new one is in production, so you wont be able to get a new one?
Thanks given by:
As all the others have said it will probably come back in great condition. If its worse than the phone you sent then complain.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, yes you're right...i'm probably a bit paranoid after reading on 02's community where quite alot have had bad dealing with them (Anovo that is, the company that recondition them). I didn't help matters when i'd had a bad start to the day and was very abrupt with 02 when doing a live chat then phoning the shop. I guess when it's in and i pick it up, if all's well, i'll have an applogy to make to a member of staff called Claire Doh
Thanks given by:
Mine was recon iphone 5 through o2 refresh had it since july seems ok atm Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crap phones? the milkman 26 5,100 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tom