Fitting new exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting new exhaust
Will be fitting my new exhaust soon, from the turbo back, just a quick question are the 2 bolts that hold the front pipe on prone to snapping when undoing??

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
They can be a bit brittle if they are the original ones, you can get a kit with the bolts and springs etc. from ECP for not a lot of money so it's best to replace anyway.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 04:57 PM)Ricky Wrote: They can be a bit brittle if they are the original ones, you can get a kit with the bolts and springs etc. from ECP for not a lot of money so it's best to replace anyway.

Had a look on their website but couldn't find the kit. Was going to go to Pug.

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
Yea mine snapped when doing mine. Be gentle but not too gentle as it needs to be fairly tight. Might be best getting new ones tbh!
Thanks given by:
I have never snapped these!? Not on a xud anyway!

Its always access I have had issues with...mega extensions ftw!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 06:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: I have never snapped these!? Not on a xud anyway!

Its always access I have had issues with...mega extensions ftw!

yep.. 1/4 drive with 3 extention bars on and long reach 10mm socket does the job for me lol
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
It's a stupid design...on mine one sheared off (sending a sping towards my forehead!) and the other one the nut crossthreaded so wouldn't undo at all. I'd buy a replacement set if I was you lol.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies fellas, i think i will get a new fitting kit just in case.

If they do snap are they easy enough to get out?

Is this the correct fitting kit item 12 in the servicebox pic...

[Image: c06b1283-a20f-479f-8717-712eade88ae2_zps042373e3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the one, few boys on here saying they were about 11£, I paid 18 including vat for mine and apparantly that was with 15% off as the pug parts man knows my family. Seems dear lol
Thanks given by:
£18 with discount?? Ooosh, nasty, was sorting some paperwork last night and found the receipt for the kit I bought for the 205 - £13.28... Virtually the same kit afaik, don't know why thered be such a difference. The hdi kit I got from the local factors was cheaper than that, on trade tbf. Sometimes I think pug make up prices as they go along, got quoted £6.87+vat for a wheel bolt yesterday...! Dodgy
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Strange it showed up as exactly £15 + vat, usually there is pence etc but he told me he was giving me 15% off as he used to work with sisters of mine.

It looks strange in that break down, I was led to believe that the studs have a threaded bar at the very top which screws into the turbo side?
Thanks given by:
Sorry, thought i'd pointed out before they are actually taper-seat with a 10mm head, must have thought it and not actually posted lol, my bad!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Are you sure? Im getting mixed reviews here, on the 306 XUD I had to out a spanner up top to hold it but on the hdi it didnt turn, which led me to believe it screwed in like a stud?
Thanks given by:
sometimes they will turn, sometimes they wont, depends how stuck they are!

I did one on a xud last week, one I had to use a spanner on, the other I didnt.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah but my point is, are they different from xud to dw10?

I didnt think id be getting down the back of the hdi engine to get at the turbo, might be wrong though?
Thanks given by:
So confused! Have seen pictures with a thread on the top (like a double ended normal stud) AND one thats just a plain bolt that comes in from the top? I havent had the chance to get under it again to check for myself so sorry about the 'worry' per say.
Thanks given by:
i just wedge a spanner up above and undo them
Thanks given by:
Ah I see what you mean, I may have an old elbow in the garage I can check for you tonight if its not urgent, not sure though.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah I wont have the parts till 2moro anyway but I guess its not rocket science and ill hopefully get the correct part from peugeot so whichever one it is ill get it sorted, dont want to have to start removing other things just to sort this though.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, mine was like a double ended stud, confused the hell out of me lol!! X reg HDi with a K03 if age/turbo makes a difference.

[Image: IMAG2815_zps44ef176c.jpg]

This is what a new one looks like btw...

[Image: DSC_0424.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That does look sort of familiar, maybe my memory is failing me again... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
what a stupid design lol
Thanks given by:
Yesss I knew I wasnt imagining things! On the XUD space looks a lot less limited, on the hdi I can barely see behind the engine let alone reach in so I assume this is the reason for the change.

How much were the replacements for you if you dont mind me asking tom?
Thanks given by:
I didn't replace them, the new stud picture wasn't my own, I was breaking the car for parts. I wouldn't even attempt changing them in situ with such a lack of space on the HDi tbh!

So, err, good luck lol!
Thanks given by:
Ahhhhhh f**kkkk lol! Makes me even more excited, a few have said they could do it, I was thinking of a long long reach 10mm socket maybe doibg the trick, and to tighten it in again would be easy enough, simply use the smaller nut that holds the downpipe on to take up any slack.
Thanks given by:
Just checked a spare turbo, its got the same type as tom's. Blush

Its not too bad with a deep socket, need two extensions and a knuckle to make it easy. As you say, any slack will be taken up when you wind the cap nut on.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: