189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping
No. Why would I be kicking out error codes?
JP
Thanks given by:
Lol im only too happy to get stuck in to the daily, its only 8 miles to work i'll ride if I have to lol. No the problem is my budget - until recently one of those pumps would have been four months worth of allowance and then some. However, circumstances have changed, so once the niggles are fixed we'll just how far in I can get stuck... Big Grin Almost a bit gutted someone else got there first tbqh lol.

This is now my number 1 rival, will have to see if I can beat this thing on a 20% budget, should be amusing at least. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 08:55 PM)jammapic Wrote: No. Why would I be kicking out error codes?

Im assuming all the normal parameters are not being met to make such power!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's what mapping is. Changing the normal parameters to suit what you are trying to achieve.
JP
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 09:13 AM)jammapic Wrote: That's what mapping is. Changing the normal parameters to suit what you are trying to achieve.

Piggy
[Image: HomerSimpson.png]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
First mod once the new engine is in is definitely going to be a lift pump then.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 10:56 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 09:44 AM)joelww Wrote: Awesone car mate .. i also want to know what bulbs were used in the dash lights as thats exactly what look i wanted... how did you manage to get sidelights fitted in the fogs aswell? Cheers

Think they are just red bulbs. Don't know, I didn't do it.

The sidelights in the fogs are just LED sidelight bulbs drilled, fitted and waterproofed.

JP

Just asking because usually leds give brightspots in the dash and they dont seem to have them .. of they are just red leds ill grab some asap .. Smile
Thanks given by:
So.when are you going to start mapping the standard 6 ecu and come map minestrone a forum special price Wink

Would love to try mapping myself but don't have the patience or time for it
Thanks given by:
Already done some messing with the 6 ecu... but for my own benefit ;-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Send me a basemap for bodies then Tongue
Thanks given by:
errrr. no. Sorry! Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
Haha didn't think you would Smile

Looking forward to the next stage of this project though mate
Thanks given by:
Sorry mate - but I don't do maps for the public, only myself.

Get yourself along to someone like RSTuning or Chip Wizards - they will sort you out.

Next stage of project HDi is fit the piper cam, get the twin plate clutch in and go for 400lbft of torque... next stage of project GTi-6 is get the new custom profile cams in, map it and aim for 230hp @ 8000rpm.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
this hdi is awesome.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 09:13 AM)jammapic Wrote: That's what mapping is. Changing the normal parameters to suit what you are trying to achieve.

erm, yeah, I know how to suck eggs...

but with the extremes of what you are doing compared to basic stg1/2 maps Im suprised the ecu isnt seeing it as faults...

well impressed if you manage 400ft lbs though, 350 is a great acheivement as it is! overtakes must be a breeze
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
He has all the supporting fueling mods tho so its not that suprising. JP must be doing something right with the mapping... but the hybrid blower will be a factor in achieving a high torque figure too.

I reckon you will ruin driveshafts regularly up at 400lbs/ft

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Snapping drive shafts is probably the last thing we need to worry about; they're huge, bigger than the ones on my dads lwb transit lol. From what i've read around the net, people are having problems with stripping gears, although one of said people is dum-dum, so it's possible even that's not an issue if you don't flat-shift everywhere lol.

Reckon you'll be able to get some before amd after data from Russ with that cam?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Who's Russ?

I am going to run it up with the same map on the dyno before and after the cam - then I will make tweaks where appropriate and run again.

FYI - I've mapped it pretty progressive so the transmission doesn't get a big JOLT. But I am under no illusion that 358lbft won't strip gears if you try....

JP

(16-10-2013, 07:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: but with the extremes of what you are doing compared to basic stg1/2 maps Im suprised the ecu isnt seeing it as faults...

That alone tells me you don't understand mapping.

Why would the ECU see "faults" if it's programmed correctly?

It is programmed to know exactly what is going on, and do exactly as I've told it to in terms of fuelling. I've not done any fudging of duration maps, etc. It's requesting an amount of fuel, and delivering it.

If it detected any faults, it would flag them - and good job as something surely isn't working right...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
the only petrol mapping I have experience in is mapping LPG systems to match...
and it was easy to flag up faults due to parameters.

Im pretty lacking in mapping experience...esp diesels
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You're not fudging the ecu to think it's doing something it's not... You're adjusting the calibration of it... I. E. Its perfectly happy with the job it's doing since that's what it's being told to do!! There's a lot of limiters that have to be adjusted... As long as the requested values and the actual values aren't too far apart, the ecu is perfectly happy... Only time it gets very shitty is when you request more rail pressure than the pump can provide at low engine speeds... That's when you get p0230 and the engine turns off...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I thought you had a friend called Russ, possibly at rs tuning, obviously not lol.

Awesome, be very interested to see the results from that, if you don't mind sharing that is. Wink

Yeah that's probably prudent lol. I'd expect that to be the next big obstacle, once people get past the injection issues.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This reminds me alot of brynwllynogg's work a few years ago. Your mates with him aren't you jp?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah mates with brynllwynog. Used to live with him actually.

I knew a guy called russ who ran a company called diehard diesel tuning, but rstuning is Paul.

I'll share all information, I don't do this whole ninja thing. I'll get results before and after cam, and then with mapping tweaks.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Ah that was it, my memory didn't completely fail me then, for a change!

Awesome, look forward to seeing it. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 07:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: the only petrol mapping I have experience in is mapping LPG systems to match...
and it was easy to flag up faults due to parameters.

Im pretty lacking in mapping experience...esp diesels

I think the reason this is though, is because you are working on a 2 ecu car.

i.e. you are mapping the LPG ecu to the petrol engine, which has the original running at the same time with injector emulators and whatnot.

So the original petrol ecu isnt being remapped. Rather a piggy back ecu that feeds information to it.
Thanks given by:
Car is ready to collect from CG Motorsport now they've finally finished building a 1 off clutch kit for it.

The flywheel has been lightened, bigger 5 paddle unsprung friction disc made to fit, heavier pressure plate (apparently the pedal is pretty heavy but I can live with that) and a 1 off release bearing.

I'll be doing some testing on it for them over the coming weeks to see whether or not it's up to the job.

It was originally going to be a twin plate clutch pack, but the guys reckoned it was overkill.

The setup they have provided has been rated to 400lbft - should do the trick!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
cool...
I thought you wanted a 500ft lb limit though??!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, happy days.

Give the VAG boys TDi's a run for there money!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 10:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: cool...
I thought you wanted a 500ft lb limit though??!

What's the point? The internals will be dead before 500 lbft
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What kinda price we talking for aomething so custom if you dont mind me asking?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,499 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch