189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping
was going to post in here lastnight for an update but nevermind Smile

hope you get the figure your after.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Such a shame you don't map for the public this is epic fair play.
Thanks given by:
nice to see this car getting a good tune!
Thanks given by:
Ring CG Motorsport for a price, they will help.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
This car is now up for sale... New house eating up all my money, and sadly no cash for 2 project cars Sad

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19233.html

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Well it sold, and the guy who bought it lives pretty local and is the friend of "the milkman" on here.

He's been over again tonight and I've put the latest evolution of my map on it... let's see what he finds with it!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2013, 04:13 PM)jammapic Wrote: This car is now up for sale... New house eating up all my money, and sadly no cash for 2 project cars Sad

Easily done, know that pain myself!!

Car was an excellent spec, not surprised one bit that it sold.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
shame you sold her on, she is such a strong motor! I wanted to base my HDi on this car, infact I may still do.
Thanks given by:
Very nice end results!

It's a shame Chris never persisted with this car as he had some great mods many years ago but never really got things ticking along perfectly. Even the first time he visited me for stage 2 remapping I remember the stupidly free-flowing exhaust and insta-boost it allowed hehe!
It seems Chris was really unlucky with his engine, and then the next one he sourced/fitted, I'm not sure how many he even had bad luck with but he had a run of it I think. Such things can really put a damper on a project so I can forgive him for never getting it 100%! It's damn hard work doing engine swaps for fun! I think he had some great fun with it for the years he had it though.

And now James has, and now another lucky owner has it too Big Grin

It's making me want another one again haha!

It seems James got it and finished it off with some determination and not an insignificant investment in time/money. Again it goes to show that it's achievable to get a hybrid one running near 200bhp with the pump/pressure sensor mods, but it does require you to not get squeamish when it comes to paying out for parts, and picking yourself back up again after set-backs!

Dave
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2014, 12:55 AM)Mr Whippy Wrote: Very nice end results!

It's a shame Chris never persisted with this car as he had some great mods many years ago but never really got things ticking along perfectly. Even the first time he visited me for stage 2 remapping I remember the stupidly free-flowing exhaust and insta-boost it allowed hehe!
It seems Chris was really unlucky with his engine, and then the next one he sourced/fitted, I'm not sure how many he even had bad luck with but he had a run of it I think. Such things can really put a damper on a project so I can forgive him for never getting it 100%! It's damn hard work doing engine swaps for fun! I think he had some great fun with it for the years he had it though.

And now James has, and now another lucky owner has it too Big Grin

It's making me want another one again haha!

It seems James got it and finished it off with some determination and not an insignificant investment in time/money. Again it goes to show that it's achievable to get a hybrid one running near 200bhp with the pump/pressure sensor mods, but it does require you to not get squeamish when it comes to paying out for parts, and picking yourself back up again after set-backs!

Dave

As far as I know dave, I think it had 3 engines. Not sure what happened to the 1st one, but I know the second one, the timing belt snapped. This one was a runner, but for what he had planned, he decided that the golf would be half way there. Which he was right,
I have drove this 306, and it is one well setup car! drives better than mine! also I think it would even give my vvc a run!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Dave.

The car is coming back to me shortly for some service work, and some more work in the mapping - as I KNOW it will make more power.... it's still running bone stock advance!
JP
Thanks given by:
Hehe, advance tuning...

You can't really go wrong with standard and then just bring them back and back... I guess this is where TIT and TIP sensors might come in handy, or cylinder pressure sensor/s... but also just a good eye on the theoretical ideal point for SOI/EOI too.

Biggest issue is the injection maps are all set up with a narrow range really. You end up compromising all the way from 120bhp > 190bhp... unless you re-range everything... big big big nearly impossible task without an SDK or something Big Grin

Biggest worry I had was setting advance for big injections so the EOI wasn't stupidly late, would mean at a partial throttle the EOI might be dangerously early, and still of a large enough size to cause con-rod worrying issues.

Obviously you can plot it all out on paper but there is a limit unless you start to really de-calibrate stuff and just 'do it by eye' as it were hehe.

Dave
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,506 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch