Bosch help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch help
So as a few of you may no i fitted a 306 bosch to my 106, Well was fine when i was running on derv for the first 100mile then i run a mix of veg oil and derv that was around 350mile was ok.

So i went to pure veg thats when the issues started misfiring and taking alot more turning over than usual to start. I used the car for 100 mile and put some derv in it to mix it then the next day same issue but it was cutting out and when it did cut out it takes around 30 seconds to a minute of turning over to get it to go again it will run fine for the first 30 seconds of running and start to miss and stutter again. after about 5/10mins of stuttering and cutting out it would run fine, and run fine for rest of night but if its left for a long period of time say 1hour+ it takes a while to start agin and some times does the missing and cutting out.

Anyway used it for that night at work and agin thought i would top it up with derv agin so now its got 27 liters of veg oil and 13 liters of derv.

Ive changed fuel filter, checked in tank strainer. Turned the idle up. All to no joy Sad

Next plan is to get some clear fuel pipe so i can see if its sucking air though but i would have thought if its sucking air it, it would be a constant problem? am i right?

Any other suggestions welcome, Really annoying me now as when it cuts out and im on main roads cause some right traffic jams

p.s im running filtered waste oil that is quite thin if it makes any difference

Thanks given by:
sounds like air ingress to me.

does it start better if you prime it up with grenade??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 01:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: sounds like air ingress to me.

does it start better if you prime it up with grenade??

Not tried tbh, but if it is air getting wouldn't i have a constant issue? or its just air getting in when its stood?

Thanks given by:
But you are having a constant issue!?

It hasnt fixed itself! lol not yet anyway

Sounds very similar to problems I had with my old XUD. New leak off pipes, new jubilees and sealing the fuel filter housing all up sorted it in the end. Veg oil seems to show up air ingress worse
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 01:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: But you are having a constant issue!?

It hasnt fixed itself! lol not yet anyway

Sounds very similar to problems I had with my old XUD. New leak off pipes, new jubilees and sealing the fuel filter housing all up sorted it in the end. Veg oil seems to show up air ingress worse

When i say constant issue i mean once its warm/been running 5/10 mins its ok! not like the missing is there all the time, its there only after its been stood for 1 hour+

Thanks given by:
check leak off pipes and general fuel connections. any sign of weeping...and air will be getting in.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 01:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: check leak off pipes and general fuel connections. any sign of weeping...and air will be getting in.

Just been out squeezing primmer, took air box off so i could see filter housing, and see it leaking ever so slightly out the back were the white plastic thingy is (like the thermostat thing on a 306 filter housing) so i have bypassed it see if that is the cause if so need to find a decent inline filter.

Whats that tt filter a few people use on here?

Thanks given by:
Well done mate

just fix the leak.

The 106 also heats up the fuel like the 306 housing...so ideal for running veg.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 01:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: Well done mate

just fix the leak.

Think i will look in to it if i can get the housing off as the heating up would be best to keep if i can

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 01:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

just fix the leak.

Think i will look in to it if i can get the housing off as the heating up would be best to keep if i can

it's air getting in mate, it happens when you first start running veg, do a few fixes and it'll be fine . . . .i'll subscribe to this thread and give you some tips later when i have time . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 03:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-09-2013, 01:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

just fix the leak.

it's air getting in mate, it happens when you first start running veg, do a few fixes and it'll be fine . . . .i'll subscribe to this thread and give you some tips later when i have time . .Smile

Ok thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
coz mine aint good enough!? hmph. fine!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 04:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: coz mine aint good enough!? hmph. fine!

Your advice is fix it lol think Matt is gonna give me advice on fixing it but I may be wrong

But thanks for the advice piggy Wink

Thanks given by:
I said it was air. and then to look for anywhere that was weeping, and gave examples.

You found where it was weeping.

If you now can't figure out how to fix the leak/weeping, then ask!

But Matt is clearly God today! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 04:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: I said it was air. and then to look for anywhere that was weeping, and gave examples.

We'll I no I need to change the o ring in it but how it comes out I'm not sure I no there is a spring clip or something that holds it in?

Either that or I just bodge it with some sealant? Lol

Any way I'm waiting till the first start in the morning see if it has stopped the problem

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 04:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: I said it was air. and then to look for anywhere that was weeping, and gave examples.

few specific things to do will help though mate when you haven't done it before, maybe a pic or two Smile i'm gonna write something up some as this is an oft asked subject and i've battled through the air ingress A-Z lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 04:46 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

few specific things to do will help though mate when you haven't done it before, maybe a pic or two Smile i'm gonna write something up some as this is an oft asked subject and i've battled through the air ingress A-Z lol

Let me no when you have done a write up will check it out Smile

Thanks given by:
just to confirm though Matt...

pics of issues with a 306 fuel system may not help as the 106 system has a different fuel filter housing.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 05:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: just to confirm though Matt...

pics of issues with a 306 fuel system may not help as the 106 system has a different fuel filter housing.

i'm sure we can come to terms with that . .Wink
Thanks given by:
Got the same issue myself, looking forward to this guide Cheese Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
just hunt for any weeping of fuel...if it weeps, its sucking air in!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 10:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: just hunt for any weeping of fuel...if it weeps, its sucking air in!

basically yeah, but there's a few usual culprits Smile
Thanks given by:
any one no how to get that little clip out on the white thermostat thingy on the filter housing its exactly same on the 306 housing were you do the penny trick thing, Dont wanna mash it up like i did with the 306 one when i tried.

Thanks given by:
just a small screwdriver or two.
flick one little bit out at a time while gently prizing it out with the other screwdriver.
make sure lots of wd40 to rinse out all the kak
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 07:12 AM)Piggy Wrote: just a small screwdriver or two.
flick one little bit out at a time while gently prizing it out with the other screwdriver.
make sure lots of wd40 to rinse out all the kak

Ok thanks will give it ago.

This morning started first turn of key didn't even have lumpy idle so defo is that caused the issue.

Just need to put new o rings in this bit hopefully that stops it leaking

Thanks given by: