Wishbone compatibility

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishbone compatibility
Will the wishbones from a 1.4 petrol 1998 fit a 1999 HDI? I would like to recondition my spare pair first to keep downtime to a minimum. I know they can be a hassle from doing them on a 405.
Thanks given by:
As far as i know.. the only difference between all 306 wishbones is whether or not the balljoint is 16 or 18mm
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
as danny said they are universal across the rang apart from the ball joints.

and before you ask the only way to tell which ones you have for sure is to knock them out & look / messure. they are very parts bin special so their is no way to 100% tell

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
they are also different between non pas and pas models
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
but only the ball joint again not the actual arm itself

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
^^^^^ yeah this.

the listing in the motorfactors books gives non PAS and PAS options....one being 18mm and the other 16mm.

there is no other size/length differences. been there, got a tape measure and verniers and done that.

this has been covered matt!!! (and to the newbie!) -thought I would get my usual not using search function dig in Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 07:19 AM)Piggy Wrote: ^^^^^ yeah this.

the listing in the motorfactors books gives non PAS and PAS options....one being 18mm and the other 16mm.

there is no other size/length differences. been there, got a tape measure and verniers and done that.

this has been covered matt!!! (and to the newbie!) -thought I would get my usual not using search function dig in Tongue

yeah fair enough, some come with balljoints riveted on though so best to know unless you intend to grind them off Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
balljoints do not just come in different size diameters they come in different lengths too. I know a chap that fitted a 1.4 16mm balljoint to his GTi6 that had 16mm balljoints and the wheel was cambered to hell as they were shorter (but this is probably due to pas/non-pas)
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am curious to this also...as I have a bit too much camber on the front of mine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Buy good ones, I;ve posted as have others what happens to the cheap versions
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
the PAS ones have more camber. Non pas on a pas car is blatantly obvious by looking at the wheel as it looks like it has positive camber!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got negative camber though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Non PAS balljoints will give about 12 degrees of POSITIVE camber if you DO have PAS.
Trust me, I know lol

As to measuring the balljoint, whip the wheel off and pull down the rubber boot, get some calieprs around the joint ant measure it, saves messing around removing the balljoint from the hub just to measure it Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I got a pair of new wishbones with P-bushes and 16mm ball joints if they any use. I bought wrong ones lol.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, and oddly, Peugeot ServiceBox lists my 306 1.4 as having PAS but non-PAS joints!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CV Boot compatibility Cruiser Al 4 1,295 12-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Eibach springs compatibility Jimbo 6 2,419 20-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Axle compatibility query Mattinthehat 13 3,603 06-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Frosty