need advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice
Just moted car and it failed on the emissions the mot tester said if I change the cat it should pass. Well bought a new cat and tried to fit it but when I've put it in the joint between the cat and the first silencer keeps coming apart and the clamp the shop supplied won't hold it together and am getting really fed up with it has anyone else had this problem and what did they do to sort it out.
Thanks given by:
You shouldnt need a new clamp..
Use your old clamp mate is the new clamp the one with the lip on it.???
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 06:06 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: You shouldnt need a new clamp..
Use your old clamp mate is the new clamp the one with the lip on it.???

ok i'll try it with the old clamp to see what happens
Thanks given by:
The clamp should lip over the collers and as you tighten it it should squeeze em together...
I asume this is the clamp you have
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/370871371708
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
that's the clamp I've got and you saying that about the collers I think that I might have been putting the clamp in the wrong place so i'll have a look tomorrow thanks for the info
Thanks given by:
On the cat pipe should be a flaired end and the middle section pipe should have a lip on it and tgey fit together snug then the clamp goes over the two and tighetn it up
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
that's where I was going wrong I was putting the clamp just in front of the flaired bit on the cat
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 08:01 PM)nttrucker Wrote: that's where I was going wrong I was putting the clamp just in front of the flaired bit on the cat

Lol...it has to clamp the two mate hence why its called a clamp lol...shame your in essex id of pop round otherwise lol...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
cheers mate Thanks for the advice got all back together now and sounds quiet as anything so just got to take for a retest now to see if that has reduced the emissions
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 10:40 AM)nttrucker Wrote: cheers mate Thanks for the advice got all back together now and sounds quiet as anything so just got to take for a retest now to see if that has reduced the emissions

Get her hot just before test.My cat was full of water before M.O.T thanks to our sloped driveway we had at the time, car shot out rusty water Rofl .Got the car's exhaust red hot and she passed.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 10:40 AM)nttrucker Wrote: cheers mate Thanks for the advice got all back together now and sounds quiet as anything so just got to take for a retest now to see if that has reduced the emissions

No problem buddy any time hope she passes..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 12:27 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote:

cheers mate
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 03:11 PM)nttrucker Wrote:
(22-09-2013, 12:27 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote:

cheers mate

Just allways remember to have a look at how things come apart and that will help you put it back together most of the time lol...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by: