ummm my EGR fell off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ummm my EGR fell off.
So after recently fitting a fmic to my hdi and using the accepted method of making a blanking plate for the egr outlet and unplugging the blue plug all was fine but today in the middle of worcester rush hour the can makes a massive rattling noise, so pull over to have a nosey and the egr outlet has snapped off from the slinky/spring end. Drove it home to Nuneaton (about 40miles) with no adverse affects checking to see if anything was coming out of the now broken hose and no issues still runs like a dream, so i was just wanting to know if this is likely to cause any long term problems?
Thanks given by:
If the EGR valve is closed (it should be, as its unplugged) nothing should flow down that pipe.

And as you've blanked the inlet elbow, that won't be sucking/blowing anything through the pipe either.

So should all be fine unless your EGR valve is stuck open a bit, in that case you'll end up with soot coming out lol.
Thanks given by:
Well its been used for over 10 days now and no sign of soot so im not worried about it, free weight saving ftw.
Thanks given by: