Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi all,

Just joined. Long time 306 owner I guess; about three years now.

First a TU engined Ph3 LX, which did me proud up for 20k miles. Only modifications were zip ties and gaffer tape holding all the usual bits in place. Ran this in conjunction with a Mini for weekend fun

Now a Rallye, that was intended to tick the weekend fun and daily drive boxes (I only do about 6k miles a year, almost no commuting). Does well for both.

Considering swapping it for an HDi if work mileage increases in the near future.

Just joined up to see if I could learn a bit about the pros and cons of HDis...

Charlie
Thanks given by:
welcome!

I think most would say stick with the wallye...I certainly would.
But a lot can be had from a Dturbo spec hdi with a stage1 tuned.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
When I bought the car I cycled to work and only drove the car for fun. New job now and an occasional schelp from Bristol to Gloucester is getting ever more frequent. Heavy miles = diesel, no?

I don't really want to get rid of it. I wouldn't even consider it really, if this hadn't happened.

Have a verbal offer from the ins co. Just weighing up options.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
can you not repair it yourself? its non metalic so shouldnt be tricky

consider keeping the wallye and buying a 106nad...few hundred quid...pennies to insure n tax and 70mpg
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
welcome along mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 05:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: can you not repair it yourself? its non metalic so shouldnt be tricky

consider keeping the wallye and buying a 106nad...few hundred quid...pennies to insure n tax and 70mpg

It's fairly metallic - that's a truck wheelnut shaped hole in the rear quarter panel. Similar shaped hole in the tyre and wheel. And the beam moved a bit. Repairable, but definitely a Cat C.

Would love another 106... Must not go back to two cars....
Thanks given by:
Zip ties arent a modification! They came out of the factory with a packet in the glovebox just in case you had to fix anything!
Thanks given by: