ECU number '249'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU number '249'
Hi,

Has anyone got an ECU with '249' on it? I've written a couple of stage 2.5 maps for my hybrid turbo'd 306 HDi and just want to ask a couple of questions...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
??? questions
if its to test the map you will be lucky to get someone to test an unknown map
Thanks given by:
I've got a HDi with a hybrid turbo, big clutch, intercooler etc etc and 2 ECU's so I can brick one! :-)... I'll test my own mapping ;-) Seems to be running ok so far and making some good power, but I wanted to ask where people with mapped motors, on this ECU number would see any smoke if any, and rev limits they run into / how the fuelling tails off etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
you might be better talking with Pro-steve or whippy both seem to have disappeared again though
Thanks given by:
How did you write maps? I really want to know!
Thanks given by:
Erm, read books, learn how ecus work, buy the right equipment, get the right software and be careful!
JP
Thanks given by:
Start searching, it's a very hostile place out there when searching about and everyone will rip you a new one for asking the wrong thing... Ask the right thing and you might start to get a bit of help...

I rekon it's been ~1.5 years and I'd only just really be confident enough to start playing properly with EDC15s...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Correct Ruan! I started learning about these about 6 or 7 years ago when I had a Golf TDi and always kept my eye in since then really.

First couple of maps I wrote were terrible, but they worked. More recently, they've been ok!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Ive got a compelte ecu / bsi / key etc, but bit of a farce to change the lot i guess.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd probably just write the immobiliser out Darren, much easier.... Are you running an ECU on yours now then?
JP
Thanks given by:
Ah good to see someone managing to make some progress with mapping, fingers crossed you get the results you're after!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 07:39 AM)jammapic Wrote: I'd probably just write the immobiliser out Darren, much easier.... Are you running an ECU on yours now then?

If you're on a 249 you can't write the immo out in e2prom Wink

That's only on 3 plug ECUs...

If you've got a chip flasher and an soic8 clip you have to reflash the 5p08 immo chip on the board.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Soldering is my forté ;-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Surely it's easier to get an SOIC8 clip and do it rather than desoldering and then having to get an SOIC8 to DIP8 adapter?
Thanks given by: