Engine in boot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine in boot
Video 
Serious question! has anybody managed to fit an engine with gearbox in the boot with the seats removed and interia plastics?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Easy.

I can get an XUD lump with a boxer gearbox (twice that of a BE3 box) in the back of my 205 ThumbsUp

[Image: 529705_10152511576660632_93026924_n.jpg]

You won't need to remove any plastic trims; just lay down some sheets to catch excess fluids.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, confirmed lol
Thanks given by:
lol yeh, i'd recommend strapping the engine somehow to something in case of harsh stopping, that 150kg lump will like to move somewhat Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't even have to lower the seats lol.
Thanks given by:
I've removed roof lining and plastics due to weight saving so got plenty strap too, may aswell be a 306 van lol
Thanks given by:
I bet that made the 205 sit down a bit ginge!
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 10:38 AM)mr_fish Wrote: I bet that made the 205 sit down a bit ginge!

Don't. It was THE most horrific 2 hour drive.
He was trying to remove the back bumper as it was scraping. "It's fine, within 5 miles the bits scraping should melt off" it smelt awful.

He had those stupidly large wheels on as well
-_-
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 12:19 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:
(17-09-2013, 10:38 AM)mr_fish Wrote: I bet that made the 205 sit down a bit ginge!

Don't. It was THE most horrific 2 hour drive.
He was trying to remove the back bumper as it was scraping. "It's fine, within 5 miles the bits scraping should melt off" it smelt awful.

He had those stupidly large wheels on as well
-_-

lol 2 shagged rear shocks aint going help me then
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 12:19 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: "It's fine, within 5 miles the bits scraping should melt off" it smelt awful.

what a hero Tongue

I sold darren a 1.8TD mondeo engine agggeeess ago and all he had was his sigma 306. Managed to load the engine, gearbox, front struts and the subframe into the back of it.

could of passed for irish spec

the bump stops had wore down when he got back to cornwall.

No pictures of it loaded, but here is the derv heads back in their younger years...and darren actually wearing a boiler suit.

[Image: Strippingthemondy_zps20c637ac.jpg]
Thanks given by:
...and it did melt away, job bodged!
Thanks given by: