Sooo stuck... Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo stuck... Help!
Question 
Hey guys, after swapping out a new head gasket it appears the my engine will now not run properly..
I'm really stuck as to what to do, i'll describe from the beginning what's happened, I'd be more than grateful if anyone can offer any insight as to what's gone wrong.

So changed the head gasket out after oil seemed to be making it's way into the coolant, everything went fine, put it all back together made sure everything was connected and lined up 100%, replaced oil and coolant too.

Tried to start it and it would just crank over, went to take another look at the engine, wiggled a few sensors and the coil pack to see if something was loose and presto the engine fired, but clearly not very well as it just struggled and stalled pretty much straight away.

I went back to check the timing and I can defiantly say it's 100% lined up I used both locking pins and they still line up exact so it's not that..

I wanted to check for spark so took out the plugs and cleaned them, then tried for spark nothing happened, put it back together and the car wouldn't fire again at all un till further wiggling of connections and sensors was done again with the same misfiring.

If anyone's has any ideas on where to start with this I'd really appreciate it, I've done so much work to this car and i'm absolutely gutted to find it in this situation.

Sorry it's so long but i'm trying not to miss any details so the problem can be best diagnosed, I'm no expert either so go easy, thanks :]
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing this on a 1.4/1.6 engine?
If so, what year is it?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yes, it's a 1.4 1999 with air con.
Thanks given by:
coil pack? HT leads . . . .sounds like something like that although i'm a derv man i do have a 1.6 kicking about lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You locked [u]both[u] crank and cam shafts..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'd get down the scrappy and get a coil pack first.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hey, thanks for the replies, I will defiantly look into changing the coil pack it's that seems the best way to go next.

And yes both the crank and cam shaft were locked in place, I also used a little bit of paint to mark it up too, to make up for any play when it was locked so I know it's defiantly timed correctly, went back to triple check after the misfiring too.
Thanks given by:
Any chance you've caught/damaged the coil wiring when doing the head and what type of coil pack do you have?
Thanks given by: