Massive thanks to C2K!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive thanks to C2K!
Haven't been online much of late, mainly because of work commitments but also because most of my free time is taken up by chasing our rugrat and changing her nappies!

My clutch had been slipping for the last 6 months, but knowing that the car wasn't worth much I had never really looked into getting it changed. CarParts4Less had the LUK kit up for £79.99 but with the discount code you get a further £10 off, including delivery.

I'd been talking to C2K on here for the last 4 months or so about getting it done and what's involved when last weekend I received a text "What are you doing tomorrow?"

Sunday morning I set off early in Peterborough direction and at 2pm the job was done.

Can't thank the bloke enough, as I'd never have been able to afford the £200 a local garage was asking for!

Oh and his TVR is nice. And so is the Rallye. In fact even the DT is better than mine! And all were much, much cleaner!

(no, I still haven't had the opportunity to clean it either!)

Internet Pint to that man! ThumbsUp
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Very cool!
Thanks given by:
Sounds bloody quick for a clutch change, well done lads!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
we have a code for carpartsforless? Damn wtf is it lol...just ordered from there Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's on their home page Matt!

Something like CP10less or something?

I pretty much stood around and passed C2K the tools, sometimes even the ones he asked for, whilst he changed the clutch. Doesn't help that the little bolts to secure the friction plate on are made of cheese, rounded one of those off trying to torque it up!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
No problem Chris, glad to help.

I learned the hard way when i was your age, didn't have any spare cash so did all my own work. Even though things picked up I still prefer to do my own work where time permits as I know my car inside out.

Took 5.5 hours from start to finish which wasn't too bad really given the dodgy split pins on the driveshaft nuts and a uncooperative long driveshaft! Snap on gun ftw btw.

Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive geek out right now!! bashbarnard 3 1,176 28-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  A massive thank you!!! TheGateKeeper 11 2,755 18-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Scott