longlife exhausts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
longlife exhausts
anyone had dealings with them? got a quote for a 3inch round backbox, and the pipe to connect it down at the cat, £210... powerflow wanted 330 for the same, just wondering whether powerflow are just expensive or whether longlife are shitty quality?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
That sounds fecking expensive, I just had a turbo back straight through fitted to my HDi for£180. 2.5" with a 3" tip
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that is ruddy expensive.

its a very simple bit of exhaust.

shouldnt cost more than £150ish.

just get the parts yourself and clamp them all together! back box plus two 45dgeree bends, plus a bit of straight pipe and job done.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Naill likes spaffing one out over longlife so best off asking him, from what ive seen theyre very good, i have a powerflow on mine, been there 4 years and not showing barely any wear Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 09:37 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Naill likes spaffing one out over longlife so best off asking him, from what ive seen theyre very good, i have a powerflow on mine, been there 4 years and not showing barely any wear Big Grin

Why because i own one? If you want to get into obsession, maybe you should consider getting laid instead of playing with your phone all day every day Wink

Longlife is generally better than powerflow imo. For a start, longlife has a lifetime warranty and they also use better quality materials. Powerflow exhausts arent actually stainless steal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You also need to remember that powerflow and longlife are franchises, they can vary from place to place
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 10:42 PM)Connor Wrote: You also need to remember that powerflow and longlife are franchises, they can vary from place to place

True. Where i got my original one done was quite rushed i think but the one i have now i cant fault one bit!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Very true, I had a receipt on a 205 I had from the D/P back was over £500.00 from Powerflow, Mild steel welds and pretty *****, you have to have yearly inspection with them to or no Warranty
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I have a recipt in my car folder for a longlife CAT back system custom built at Swansea to mid sport note, priced at £140 the recipt is dated 6-5-08.
i belive the system is still on the car and looks like new Wink
it is rather loud in the car though
Thanks given by:
I am very happy with mine after two years. Cost £130, fitted.

Nice and loud, but not too loud. Just a reassuring hum. I couldn't drive a car without it any more.
Thanks given by:
I have had a long life exhaust fitted to my 306 great system just go to the right garage to get the work done worth the money ££££
Thanks given by:
Powerflow and Longlife (in the UK) both come from the same place now. I'd say Longlife was a bit better as their boxes are generally fully welded rather than rolled edges but that's just personal preference. I've used both brands in the past and was a Powerflow franchise for a couple of years. In either case though it's more important that the person building your exhaust is good at their job.

With Powerflow just make sure the box says 304 on the side and you'll be fine. Some of the older boxes were grade 409 which rusted but it's unlikely you'll come across any nowadays. With either franchise they should be using grade 308 or 316 stainless steel in the welder.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt touch them if you paid me to, biggest waste of time ive ever had!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by: