Stop Solenoid wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Solenoid wiring
Righto all, see if you can figure this out, stop solenoid on 205 the red wire has 12v with ignition on and 0v with ignition off, exactly what the stop solenoid should be. Yet the stop solenoid does not operate.

However if i take a wire from the stop solenoid to the battery it works? And the voltage in this wire is the same as the voltage in the red wire. Dafuq?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
If it's showing 12v with ignition on surely it could only be a bad/dirty connection. Are you testing with the wire connected or disconnecting the wire from the solenoid to test? If your moving the wire to test could be a break in the wire which is connecting when your testing it.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm :/ Its a bit of a brain teaser.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Still not working, doesnt make sense.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Double check everything again mate... OR, check the connection on a bit of metal, spark it up briefly, if that's all showing a live, scrub up the soeloid / screw it down tighter.

If that still doesnt work, post back.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Its got battery voltage but doesnt open the solenoid, its so strange.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I reckon it's probably got a break in the wire somewhere as it was working before but praps during the engine change it got disturbed and broke being a 22 year old loom.
Try trace it back with a multimeter and see where the brake is or do as hinge says.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
It cant be a break, its got battery voltage at the end of the wire :/

It is the red wire im spose to be using right?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I had the exact same problem I had a live straoght to the battery for a while then i wired it to the reverse sensor and it starts and stops off the key
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Hold multimeter on end of red wire with IGN on, should be around 12-13v, then touch it on solenoid while multimeter still on it, does voltage drop down lots?

If so the wires hanging on by a thread somwhere / f*cked, just nick a live from a GLWPLG relay....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Need to get some new leads for my meter first! Thanks Darren i will try that Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Multimeter broke (pos) so i just sacked off the horn and used the switch for that. Its a toggle switch i dont have to hold it to keep the engine running aha.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Dont bodge it ffs, sort it out proper...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Its not bodged its on a switch lol, thats all i could do, once i get another meter i can find a better ignition live.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
There are a fair few ignition lives kicking about mate..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Well it's a good security feature I guess
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 06:41 PM)ginge191 Wrote: There are a fair few ignition lives kicking about mate..

Thanks smartass, if you read above you'd catch the bit that said i dont have a meter to test these lives, i didnt fancy just sticking wires here there and everywhere, the switch Max put in for the horn was easy to indentify by use that bloody loud horn so i was 100% of which wires were which, once i get a meter i'll change it but its a switch next to the key, not exactly a massive issue for me.

(15-09-2013, 06:44 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Well it's a good security feature I guess

Exactly that lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pump solenoid Dturbo lad 4 1,122 29-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tom