307 dturbo starting problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 dturbo starting problem
I have a 307 dturbo 2.0 Hdi 110bhp, yesterday I noticed it was taking alittle longer to start than normal, anyway last night drove about 30miles, stopped to pick up mate, came back to car 10 mins later it won't start, turns over but nothing, plugged pp2000 in to it and it comes up with

Intermittent fault, fuel low pressure pump supply open circuit or short circuit to earth

Low pressure pump is working and I have fuel to the high pressure pump,

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Have you checked out your lp pump earth/wiring? As that's what pp2k has told you the problem is.... Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Checked the fuel pressure on pp2000 and this is what I got:

Ignition on low pressure 8bar

Cracking pressure 141bar

So what's going on here?
Thanks given by:
Could be knackered pressure sensor, these lp pumps make ~3bar normally, and cranking should be ~280bar. See if you can swap one out for a known good one to test it.

Have you sorted out your earths yet? If not this could be related.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Am going to have alook tonight, now I've cleared the codes am not getting any back now, not even a low pressure fault, I popped the LP pipe off the hp pump and and drained off into a can, there's flow but I won't think it's great, what tests can I do on the pressure sensor, as I don't hav a spare,
Thanks given by:
You can check the voltage, should be making about 1.3v at cranking/idle iirc. Have a look in the filter housing, gold filings are a sign of a failing lift pump. I would say to check the lift pump relay, but don't know where it is on the 307s.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There is afew filings in filter housing, the pump runs, I will try and find my pressure tester and try it manually,

Cheers bud,
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occasional starting problem - getting worse Warriorsquare 21 3,714 23-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  hdi starting problem.... barney 3 1,171 15-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Last Post: barney
  hot starting problem? neilz85 5 1,942 17-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Last Post: neilz85