HEY :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY :)
Hey, new to this forum, well new to any forum, as its my first car and im 18,
anwayy..
i have a x reg 1.4 silver 306, its standard atm, but i'll need some help soon with things to do to it
thanks, azza
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, get some pics up when you can. As for ideas, have a gander through the project threads, im sure you can pick up a few hints and tips there. Smile

My first 306 was a 1.4, so i won't abuse your choice, but ive now graduated to the DTurbo, and can honestly say it was the best decision i ever made concerning my car. All i will say though, is make sure you have a decent scrappy near you, and if possible, get yourself a few spare gearboxes, as the TU boxes are renowned for being made of cheese. lol Mine went twice in the 3 years i had it. Itwasntme
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks for the welcome, yeah i will, not going to doo much to it for a while, just few little bits such as alloys, induction kit and exhaust, classic boy racer mods, haha.
well the 306 wasnt my choice, was my from my mum and dad, so i didnt have much choice, but i doo quite like them, and im not a fan of diesel cars at all! hate them, ever since becoming a mechanic, and ohh shit, will doo, thanks for the advice
Thanks given by:
Tbh, i wasnt big on the idea of a diesel, but wanted one for the better fuel economy. Since then, ive been fully converted by how easy they are to work on, and ive been well and truly bitten by the boost bug! lol That, and i find it hilarious coaling all over people who think its a good idea to tailgate me. Big Grin

EDIT: I refer you to the pic in my project thread that was taken shortly after having the decat pipe installed... HERE Rofl
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 09:36 PM)azzaboi306 Wrote: im not a fan of diesel cars at all! hate them

why do you hate them? dturbos are awesome.

welcome
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
welcome!!

well when a dturbo blasts passed you, doing more mpg and not blowing its HG...you may think twice!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate dont bother with an induction kit not worth it on a 1.4 to be honest nice set of alloys and id think more of giving it alittle service oil an filter etc etc...car will only last as long as you drive it take care of it get a few years ncb behind ya and then get ya self a better car lol...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
I actually had a cone filter and a big bore on my 1.4, sounded pretty nice, but just never really went anywhere at any rate. I liked the noise though, f*ck the haters. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 10:11 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I actually had a cone filter and a big bore on my 1.4, sounded pretty nice, but just never really went anywhere at any rate. I liked the noise though, f*ck the haters. Tongue

Lol im not a hater i have a phat dtm on mine just no point spending out for an induction kit to get 0.01 gain lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
True enough, but it does add that nice sucky induction sound from the front. Wink
Thanks given by:
probably loose power to be honest...certainly loose mid range torque
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Meh, as long as you keep the hamster well fed, it should carry on doing its job. lol
Thanks given by:
Lol each to there own lol becoming quite the expert on the 1.4s concidering all iv done to mine since having it lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 09:38 PM)adamm306 Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 09:36 PM)azzaboi306 Wrote: im not a fan of diesel cars at all! hate them

why do you hate them? dturbos are awesome.

welcome

ermm, dunno just doo, hate working with diesel, and there smelly and sound horrible too

(08-09-2013, 09:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: welcome!!

well when a dturbo blasts passed you, doing more mpg and not blowing its HG...you may think twice!

hahaa, nahh, dont think i'll ever change my mind tbh

(08-09-2013, 10:10 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Welcome mate dont bother with an induction kit not worth it on a 1.4 to be honest nice set of alloys and id think more of giving it alittle service oil an filter etc etc...car will only last as long as you drive it take care of it get a few years ncb behind ya and then get ya self a better car lol...

thankss, and i have serviced it already, cambelt and water too, done the lot and only had it since last sunday, perks of being a mechanic lol, and i just like the noise of an induction kit and big exhaust, and yeah will doo, want something with a turbo for my second car haha

(08-09-2013, 10:11 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I actually had a cone filter and a big bore on my 1.4, sounded pretty nice, but just never really went anywhere at any rate. I liked the noise though, f*ck the haters. Tongue

im with you on that one haha

(09-09-2013, 06:08 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome

thankss
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead