New member and new HDI owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member and new HDI owner
Hi guys, seems a nice forum, informative on many different aspects and i reckon i'll stick around for a while.

bit about me; well previously owned a lovely X Power Grey MG ZR Derv ofc! which i ended up crashing unfortunately, and it led me to buying the 306, a car ive had a bit of experience with before, albeit the XUD engine.

Used to the tuning side of cars and consider myself pretty mechanically minded, although would still have questions and queries, hopefully all or most of which i'll get help with..

now for the interesting bit, the car!

[Image: IMG-20130830-WA0018.jpg]

picked it up with no MOT, no tax and needing a track rod end, a handbrake cable, and a front wiper motor.

all sorted now, all it needs is an MOT a service and tax!

has one problem which is quite difficult to describe, but ill try anyway!

Theres a sort of puff-puff from the exhaust when i rev the car both on and off load, sounds almost like a misfire, and its quite smokey (Black). It's the standard map so im thinking it may be a stuck injector or a problem on the fuelling side, the filter housing was full of absolutely rotten fuel when i drained it, hence the need to service it, i have tried running injector cleaner through it to no avail so im unsure what else to do really, hoping thats where you guys will come in!
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate loads of xud experts on here..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 06:48 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Welcome mate loads of xud experts on here..

sorry for any misunderstanding, its a 99 HDI John!
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheers guys, i'll throw a thread into the hdi engine section!
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 06:49 PM)mcglynn Wrote:
(12-09-2013, 06:48 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Welcome mate loads of xud experts on here..

Still a few experts lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 07:13 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote:
(12-09-2013, 06:49 PM)mcglynn Wrote:

Still a few experts lol

Let's hope so haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

One thing, don't chuck any more injector cleaner/redex type stuff etc.. into it, Pug recommend these engines don't run any kind of fuel system cleaners
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 07:21 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Welcome!

One thing, don't chuck any more injector cleaner/redex type stuff etc.. into it, Pug recommend these engines don't run any kind of fuel system cleaners

there you go, cheers for the advice! i'll keep that in mind for future
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 07:21 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Welcome!

That'll be why ive noticed no difference when I put some in going tp Silverstone at the weekend!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Put 2 stroke in, there's a thread about it on here somewhere and i put it in (if i can remember) when I too her up and I'm positive people on here do too, I'm sure this is where someone will jump in lol

Welcome btw, tidy looking motor, needs lows but tidy non the less
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile car looks smart!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys! Hope it serves me well and I get the problem sorted Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy that, best engine and best colour, too!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 12:37 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Looks tidy that, best engine and best colour, too!
Haha cheers fella, leta hope I get the engine runnin the best!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, currently own a ZR Big Grin
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Diesel I hope? Wink
Thanks given by:
VVC , got bored of the derv lack of bwarp/trouser tightening limiter bouncing fun

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Then again u cant beat the 260 ft lb of torque :p
Thanks given by:
There is some torque in the vvc but I do miss how much the hdi had. Then again when you put your foot down and the bwrap happens it just puts a smile on yo face.
Was yours a facelift model?

Thanks given by:
Welcome!

Does sound like a knackered injector to be honest, maybe try find a cheap secondhand set?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 02:02 PM)lolsteve Wrote: There is some torque in the vvc but I do miss how much the hdi had. Then again when you put your foot down and the bwrap happens it just puts a smile on yo face.
Was yours a facelift model?

No was a mk1 (mk 1.5) as it had all the mk2 electrics and round fob, went well at around 155bhp and 260 ftlb of torque!

(17-09-2013, 02:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Welcome!

Does sound like a knackered injector to be honest, maybe try find a cheap secondhand set?

Yeah thats my thinking, id love to be able to know for sure as it ends up costly experimenting lol!

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Best bet to find out the fault, get her on PP2K! It should give a decent idea as to whats causing it
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 02:18 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Best bet to find out the fault, get her on PP2K! It should give a decent idea as to whats causing it

Pug planet? Is it dear to buy, cant sre anyone local having it or being nice enough to let me use it as im in Northern Ireland
Thanks given by:
Thats the one, you can find it around the web/ebay for about £70ish.. best bet as you say though is to find someone local, no idea in your area though i'm afraid!
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 02:28 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Thats the one, you can find it around the web/ebay for about £70ish.. best bet as you say though is to find someone local, no idea in your area though i'm afraid!

Outta luck then it seems, im gonna MOT the car then see how it drives, check if it clears after a service and some fresh fuel. Ill keep a look out for injectors though as its quite smokey and its chuffing from the exhaust so id say injection problem.

Ill know more when I drive it on the road, are the 307 2.0 hdi injectors the same, as in 307 110 and 90 models? As long as theyre 2.0 same as picasso etc?
Thanks given by:
I believe they are yes.. think the injector number you need is '072'
Thanks given by:
welcome!

big pat on the back for crashing the crappy rover!

bigger pat on back for buying a 306 Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo New member, volcane owner Ricky volcane 22 3,521 23-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Anton
  new 306 owner club member mich.76 3 818 10-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Last Post: mich.76
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,141 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b