Hello and please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and please help
Hello 306 peops

I recently ventured back into the 306 world, my first car was a 306 but it met with a sticky end due to an 18yr old and a tree.

I am now much older and wiser, sort of!

I have got a phase 1 with a bosch pump, mate at uni had one but hed spent a lot of money on fmics etc and was boosting some bars so it was pretty fast,

I tried to stage 1 tune my car which worked ok but there is a bit of off boost smoke. I had been running it on veg oil which worked relatively well until I ran it on used veg oil filtered to 1 micron, now it runs like shit and cuts out after about 30 seconds, and then I have to pump the grenade. To get fuel back to it.
Anyone got any ideas? it ran fine before i started fiddling whcih i think is a fail on my part, if it aint broke dont fix it!

I plan to drain all the crap oil out of it and put proper diesel in it as I think the fuel is the main problem, but could the oil have done anything to the 1 way value in the grenade, when its up to temp and running it runs ok, I don’t think there is an air lock.

Does the phase 1 have an electric lift pump like the hdi when the ignition is turned on it primes the fuel line? This may not be coping with the cold viscous oil?

Any advice would be much appreciated?

I also saw a post a while ago which I can’t find now about a 306 mechanic in surrey area who was pretty handy, maybe called chris? I live in Reading now so any one round the south east would be useful. Once its running I may take it for a proper setup, moderate tune etc.

Or I could just take it to DjLobb as I lived in cornwall for 3 years but not sure it would make the drive atm without the RAC truck.

Thanks and hello to all

PaddyPug
Thanks given by:
read the guides in the XUD section firstly . . . . . .change fuel filter, squeeze the grenade hard and check for leaks, this is all standard issue stuff tbh, easy to fix . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If it's running crap on veg it'll be one of two things

1. It's veg. It always runs like crap until it's warm.

2. Air ingress. Quite a common problem, the higher viscosity of veg accentuates it as it's easier for the pump to draw in air than it is to draw in the thicker fuel. Common places to check are the in/out at the grenade, the washers on the banjo and the fuel filter housing.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Kris is based just south of Dorking but hes kind of disappeared off the scene recently so im not sure hes still trading.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hi all

Thanks for the reply, it is air, I prime the bulb till it gets hard and then she starts and runs with a bit of right boot,

The fuel filter housing is filling with air when the engine is off and it takes a lot of pumps to go hard

I have also replaced the leak off pipe and I think this is sucking air in, it's new but it pulls off easily, 3.2mm

I have recently replaced the fuel filter and that's when all this started kicking off, no cracks etc in the fuel filter casing, but maybe not sealing?

What do you recon? Replace the lot with 10mm clear, new bulb and jubilee leak of pipe on? What if its the fuel filter casing leaking?

Once again thanks for the help as its currently in drivable

Cheers
Thanks given by:
good start is replacing the a
fuel lines with clear to see where are is

second...google the 'penny trick' for the filter housing...this helps with running veg but gives you chance to seal up the housing from air leaks

also replace any original pipe clips with jubilees.

leak off pipes should be very tight...pliers to remove tight
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: