Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Took these the other night when i saw Tom:

[Image: IMG_20131003_183324.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131003_183335.jpg]

Epic little car, needs a bigger blower tho, obviously.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 04:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Epic little car, needs a bigger blower tho, obviously.

Standard.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You sorted an intercooler yet Tom?
Thanks given by:
Shame I never got to take you out when it was at 190bhp Darren, it was mental in that car.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 06:42 PM)Frosty Wrote: You sorted an intercooler yet Tom?

Heh, dont even get me started on that polava! Lets just say its a working progress.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Time to make shit extra special!
[Image: IMG_20131014_134144_zps916bbc81.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is that JP's?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Was Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Same as the one I had. I don't get why more people don't choose these? They need much less piping which creates less lag
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Because they're costly i think. I only got it because i need one with the pipes on the top for 205. I've never had an issue with lag, once the front mount is on theres noticably more torque down low so it doesnt bother me like that.

Pipes and clamps on the way!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Boost pipes dont create lag. Not lag you can notice anyway.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Surely having an extra 2 foot of pipes, more on some setups I've seen would create lag, no?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
my old diablo with the big cooler and 2.5" boost pipes running td04 came on boost much sooner than my current t25 running tmic.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's because T25's are as laggy as a truck turbo haha
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I remember Ruan explained it before in litres and how many it took to fill your system and how many go through the turbo, the result was its not really noticable to us lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 08:55 PM)Tom Wrote: I remember Ruan explained it before in litres and how many it took to fill your system and how many go through the turbo, the result was its not really noticable to us lol.

But to Ruan....
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
And I'll do it again...

[Image: td04-15g-cfm.gif]

That's a TD04 15g - OK yes it's a 15g, I couldn't get a 13g easily in cfm... It took me more than half a second on google to look for so cba.

At it's peak it'll move 428CFM... OK so we know it's not going to be at it's peak, but if I just take a figure for arguments sake of ~200cfm.

200Cubic Feet is 5663.7litres - i.e. it'll move 5663.7 litres per minute. Divide by 60 - that's 94.45 LITRES PER SECOND.

So if your entire intercooling system was 100 litres - it'd take ONE second to fill - obviously your intercooler system isn't anything like 100l and admittedly, the airflow rate at spool time is a good bit lower, but I'm sure you get my point... The times we're talking about here are just so negligible.

Let's just point out ALSO that that's at fairly moderate settings, if we take it at 428cfm - that's 12,119.6 LITRES per minute - 201.9 LITRES PER SECOND.

It's just not going to make enough of a difference to be concerned about.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for clearing that up love!

Anyway I stuck that temp probe in the inlet, literally alraldited the bugger in there. So now I'm ready for silicone pipes tomorrow and intercooler fitting Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hoses shown up this morning! Also i was sad enough to go over the cooler with some wet and dry paper last night so it was a bit shinier. But yeah, today = awesome day.

[Image: IMG_20131017_100422_zpsb67ceb04.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Get some Autosol. Works a treat on ali
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20131017_124831_zpsbf527cc0.jpg]

Ooooer.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Did you have to lower the rad down a bit to fit the pipes through? And did how did you mount the radiator?? Looks good though mate jealous of the wheelsCool
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 12:14 PM)Tom Wrote: [Image: IMG_20131017_124831_zpsbf527cc0.jpg]

Ooooer.

I like! Smile
Thanks given by:
Im pretty proud actually. It does look kind of tidy and im pretty damn happy with it. Not as much of a difference in power as i expected. Need to sort out a wastegate or some tuning or something :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got my fat friend out the car and went for a drive this evening, what a f*cking rocket! Definately faster!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As said, did you have to move radiator at all?

Really confused which way to route mine, looks hard enough getting a FMIC in there alone!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah the rad is just resting on 2 bent up stripes of aluminium! Does look quite low but it gets great airflow there. The route is there for you to see literally the cooler has a 90degree 51mm to 57mm elbow on it then its the pipes you can see there.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So what next?

Bigger pump? New blower? Refurb injectors? Terrano DV's? A wastegate?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
big turbo.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How do the xud injectors go in terms of wear like do they wear out like the hdi ones with their tapping or they pretty solid
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,452 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 58,213 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191