Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Another update time, shock horror, it didnt rain today :O !!! So was able to work on the 205, outside, in the SUNSHINE...heaven! (well getting there anyway)

Cant remember where I last updated, think I de greased the engine bay.

Well started out today by finishing that job, as realized id not done the under bonnet skin, which looked pretty awfull due to Toms various coal leaks on the exhaust, few years of injector bleeding among other standard issue XUD bonnet aiming fluids!

Outside first, just so you can see what it was like in the center lol...

[Image: IMG_20140308_185558.jpg]

And clean, well clean as i can get it scrubbing by hand lol :

[Image: IMG_20140308_190227.jpg]

I think Tom is slightly confused the the obsessive cleaning of all parts, but I cant stand an engine bay full of grime, everything nice and clean means A - you can spot leaks when the arrise, and B - you can work on your car without getting covered in oil. This is particularly useful at the side of the road, which lets be honest...will always happen to us all Wink

The motor was sitting in the workshop, semi complete, just odds and ends needed, was waiting on a water pump as Tom's old one had bust its seal, Tom said he would bring a used one over as he was trying to keep costs down, so i was waiting for that.

[Image: IMG_20140304_165852.jpg]

Together, belt / ilders were new on toms last engine, so perfectly acceptable to re use, lets just hope that water pump is ok Tom Wink

[Image: IMG_20140308_115149.jpg]

Next problem, I noticed when Tom dropped it off, that the aux belt had skipped a tooth and was running half in the cover, mensioned it to tom and said it always ran like that..heh, so investigated to find the alternator totally not lined up with the crank pulley:

[Image: IMG_20140308_120328.jpg]

Nice:

[Image: IMG_20140308_120337.jpg]

Modified spacer:

[Image: IMG_20140308_121443.jpg]

Fitted:

[Image: IMG_20140308_121537.jpg]

Problem resolved...:

[Image: IMG_20140308_121916.jpg]

Flywheel / paddle clutch fitted:

[Image: IMG_20140308_132823.jpg]

Trans on:

[Image: IMG_20140308_135412.jpg]

Drop the thing in the car for some turbo trialing:

[Image: IMG_20140308_144657.jpg]

I welded up the broken trans mount also when i was passing Marks place as im a MIG down atm, picture in few posts back by mr_fish

Also cut the pipes / re routed the heater matrix hoses, and removed one of the steel lines on the engine, as the routing was rather rediculas before ! Just tidying it up / making things more oem really.

Stripping turbo down to trial fit / figure whats going to fit etc:

[Image: IMG_20140308_155753.jpg]

Converting the VAC can to a boost can, exactly the same as on my v6mtdi.
[Image: IMG_20140308_161512.jpg]

First time ive been able to work on a car outside, this year in the evening...lovely day.

[Image: IMG_20140308_173533.jpg]

Modified linkage (longer to give correct pre load and mounting position):

[Image: IMG_20140308_170630.jpg]

Trial fit for bulkhead clearance, ended up having to change the angle slightly, think im ok now, possibly little bit of clearance needed for steering rack, but no big deal, soon sort that:

[Image: IMG_20140308_172206.jpg]

My motor in situ on the mounts with the shafts in:

[Image: IMG_20140308_172212.jpg]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Lol note in that last photo where the water bottle is normally on right hand side of bulkhead how dirty bulkhead was! Got tom to source a replacement water bottle, as it was leaking, this thing was leaking water from so many places before it was like a rainshower underneath. Should be 100% watertight now!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
It has been a beautiful cornish day! Epic progress as usual, will fb or text you about the adapter for oil line. It looks so good! :'D
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
looks awesome, going to be a proper monster!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Getting so excited....sooo close!!

Love how theres lots of projects finishing Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is looking great guys! Credit to both of you!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oooo so it's a vnt the top secret turbo Wink

Good work looking very nice and clean indeed!

Thanks given by:
Ah yes might aswell tell you all, Its a GT2052V, clean as hell, pretty much new. Going to be controlled via the actuator above and an MBC. This wasnt the plan when i first gave Darren the car, but the opportunity came up so we took it. Tomorrow is going to be an important day, Im going over in the morning to drop off the adapter for the oil line, stupid turbo takes M10x1 thread for the oil feed. The hopefully Darren will be starting it up Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Very interesting read as always Darren. Look forward to seeing this return. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
You got lots of spare front tyres right Tom?! Haha!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Great read Darren. Great work as always Smile

Bet you've missed working on these?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
All i can say is get some safety gear in that car; i know when max was running good power it was at the point of being scary if anything was to ever (touch wood it won't and didn't) go wrong.

Consider some sort of cage; even if you get a few beams dotted about, it'll help.

Good work anyway! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The car wont make anymore POWER on this turbo than it did on the last once i had 11mm pump fitted, infact, possibly a bit less....but the driveability will be totally different, no lag, wont have to rag the shirts out of it, it will just want to pull in any gear. Should make it faster in a straight line even with less hp. And less hard on the motor .
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Hehe, this excites me.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sounds awesome! Be nice to see what it's like when it's done Smile almost makes me feel bad about scrapping mine lol ahhh well live moves on Wink

Thanks given by:
Not far to go lol! Good work Darren!
Thanks given by:
Nice work as ever Darren Smile This should be quite lively when done! I don't know if would warrant a cage as yet tho, depends on who's driving it. Comparable power to an Mi16 by the sounds but with a much heavier engine.
Thanks given by:
I think you'd be massively surprised at the weight difference...

1.9 alloy Mi16 = 133 kg
XUD9TE (1905cc 8v diesel) = 140kg
XU10J4RS (306 GTi6) = 159kg

The diesels are only very slightly heavier than the 1.9 8v they originally came with, really only the weight of the injector pump and ancillaries - the bare block is very similar.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Im not having a cage. Its my daily car and a cage would just look ridiculous. Its only a fast road car and im not a maniac by any means.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 01:29 PM)Ruan Wrote: I think you'd be massively surprised at the weight difference...

1.9 alloy Mi16 = 133 kg
XUD9TE (1905cc 8v diesel) = 140kg
XU10J4RS (306 GTi6) = 159kg

The diesels are only very slightly heavier than the 1.9 8v they originally came with, really only the weight of the injector pump and ancillaries - the bare block is very similar.

That does surprise me! I know from carrying an ally Mi16 engine how light they feel. 2 of us managed it without too much trouble. Couldn't imagine doing it with a derv lump that's for sure!

Tom. I've always found driving any 205 seems to encourage me to drive like a hooligan lol
Thanks given by:
I do here and there just i stay below my limit, i know how fast i like driving and i dont like to push it when theres oldies and learners everywhere :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Top work guys. Should be a epic little 205 when all done
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mr Frost, hope yours is back soon and our cars can meet again! So close to being done yet so far away.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
This car will be an absolute weapon, no doubt. Glad to see such a lot of hard working going into making a proper job of it.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 02:36 PM)Tom Wrote: Thanks Mr Frost, hope yours is back soon and our cars can meet again! So close to being done yet so far away.

Yeah I need to get my ass in gear really with mine. Hopefully have my engine built up in a week or 2.

You planning on going to FCS and/or pugfest?
Thanks given by:
Cheers mr vnt man! This is why Darrens got it, no corners cut, everything is how it should, will be a proper 100% epic engine when hes done.

Frosty im planning on Pugfest, thats my priority, if i have enough veg i might try for FCS but i really want to go up the hill at pugfest Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I never been pugfest. I hope to go to both this year
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 03:36 PM)Frosty Wrote: I never been pugfest. I hope to go to both this year

Sweet man, we can stroll around lost together! I havent been to any shows ever so im really looking forward to this year Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I cant wait for this years shows. There is a lot of us from the south west now as well
Thanks given by:
Well figured this desereved a small update.

No pics sadly, the farmer might have a couple. But yeah from our last conversation the car is literally all back together bar a couple boost pipes because the turbo has an absolute wank sock of a comp housing. The ASH (AutoSiliconeHoses) let me down so the pipes will be here tomorrow instead of today. So praying that Darrens route works we should be on to turning soon. I say we, i would like to be a part of it but its such a faff getting over there probably wont happen.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,444 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 58,115 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191