Great British Weather

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great British Weather
So this weekend i thought i'd set about fixing some of the chips and scratches on the pug, primer in place go to start the second layers and the rain comes.

Why?
In a world where informations such as weather reports are accurate can i not be bothered to check before starting a weather dependant job??

But on a plus side tyres fitted and I have my first ever set of alloys! Chuffed at her new boots!

Thanks given by:
Weather reports are accurate? Who told you that?? lol

Basically, it WILL rain if you want to do a weather dependant job!
Thanks given by:
Sod off about your alloys lol still not got my tyres yet lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Seems the way, and on a weekend as well, I remember earlier in the year spending all week staring out of the office window thinking how nice it was and what a great weekend it would be to be greeted with rain.
Thanks given by:
Will post up a video later of the rain we got yesterday, was insane. And yes I was on my back under the car with all the tools out when it hit. I'd seen the weather report, but ignored it as, well, Tom said it. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 09:09 AM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Sod off about your alloys lol still not got my tyres yet lol

But the new boot stick to the road so weell, even in the rain Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
lol the last few times I've tried to work on the car it's rained despite it being forecast bright sunshine and looking like that until 2 minutes before I leave the door... undo headbolts - sunshine, ready for new gaskets and oil etc - torrential rain
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/PXatLOWjr-k
Thanks given by:
Weather reports in the states were frighteningly accurate when I was in Florida, they even told you what time it was expected to rain and in what areas.

UK weather is rapidly changeable seemingly.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Bodywork is a PITA top do outside, Not just the chance of rain but its the wind! A slight breeze can ruin aerosol work. Feel your pain as I painted the van outdoors.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I hope its dry tomorrow as I was going to change my rear beam.

Today its not been a bother as I've been decorating although would like to rage at the label on the back of the paint, 30msq coverage my arse. Barely managed to do 2 coats on a quarter of that area
Thanks given by:
The word "coverage" is kinda bollocks TBH, Clever words by the manufacturers. It probably could spread to 30 msq but would be that thin it'd be pointless! The term "Covers in one" make me laugh, varnish would cover in one lol "Obiltaration" is the what we really want.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Uk weather is rapidly changeable thanks to our geography, when you've got 3000 miles of uninterrupted desert/mountains/plain between you and imcoming weather it all becomes fairly easy to anticipate lol. Plus the US have taken to using more sophisticated equipment than an old pine cone, which is cheating really.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 12:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I hope its dry tomorrow as I was going to change my rear beam.

Today its not been a bother as I've been decorating although would like to rage at the label on the back of the paint, 30msq coverage my arse. Barely managed to do 2 coats on a quarter of that area

The rear beam is one job I'm waiting till I can get it under cover for a while, that's my excuse and not that I can see it going very wrong when I try it. Where abouts in AY are you?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 12:56 PM)Toast Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 12:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I hope its dry tomorrow as I was going to change my rear beam.

The rear beam is one job I'm waiting till I can get it under cover for a while, that's my excuse and not that I can see it going very wrong when I try it. Where abouts in AY are you?

Brake pipes are the only bit I'm worried about really. I'm right down in the very south of Aylesbury near Stoke Mandeville
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 02:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Brake pipes are the only bit I'm worried about really. I'm right down in the very south of Aylesbury near Stoke Mandeville

+1 changed mine the other day for the first time. went surprisingly well for doing it entirely on my own brake pipes unions are made of cheese though though!
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Break pipes are the main worry for me though i need to fit a new set of dampers before I think about swapping.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 03:13 PM)Toast Wrote: Break pipes are the main worry for me though i need to fit a new set of dampers before I think about swapping.

just remove the whole beam and change the dampers whilst its out
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
I've got a replacement one sat in my 1.9 so will do it before I swap.

Replacement beam, but the dampers are rusted to a point where they probably should be replaced.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 12:55 PM)Poodle Wrote: Uk weather is rapidly changeable thanks to our geography, when you've got 3000 miles of uninterrupted desert/mountains/plain between you and imcoming weather it all becomes fairly easy to anticipate lol. Plus the US have taken to using more sophisticated equipment than an old pine cone, which is cheating really.

Rain here was very quick but flooded this just 5 minutes of rain

#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here's hoping it stays dry for Combe, safe to say I don't fancy the track with my nankangs if it's wet lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
bloody rain today lasted 6hours longer than the "professionals" said it would.

It irritates me that government funded weather gurus can get it so wrong.

if I got my work wrong everyday of the week...I be fired very quickly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Been in Cornwall for a week, 3 hours of rain. Been in Leeds for 2 days rained for all except 5 hours of that.

I love the north, but the weather sucks...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
i want rain tomorrow from 8-9am then dry so i can wash the 6 before Coombe Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 03:15 PM)adamm306 Wrote: just remove the whole beam and change the dampers whilst its out

Bear in mind if you do this it'll spring when you take the damper bolts out and you won't get the new dampers in until the beam's back on the car.

Lol Piggy, snap, although sounds like a job I could live with - 8:30 arrive at work; 8:32 post up random guesses at weather for your area; 8:33 resume researching mahoosive turbos; 17:00 go home.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The last few weeks have been boiling which makes it hell for work, especially as posties work from morning till early afternoon, this weather is a welcome relief. But when I dedicated a whole day a few weeks ago to changing my brake fluid it decided it would rain which was very annoying. Managed to keep as much rain out of the reservoir as possible though! Every time I dedicate "a day" to doing a car job it seems to go wrong in one way or another.
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Lol Piggy, snap, although sounds like a job I could live with - 8:30 arrive at work; 8:32 post up random guesses at weather for your area; 8:33 resume researching mahoosive turbos; 17:00 go home.

This is pretty much my day. until the boss turns up....
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Lol Piggy, snap, although sounds like a job I could live with - 8:30 arrive at work; 8:32 post up random guesses at weather for your area; 8:33 resume researching mahoosive turbos; 17:00 go home.

yea. I should apply.

Under skills section: "I can guess what the weather will be doing with frightening inaccuracy, and thus feel I would be most suited to the role."
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British people just swear better toseland 7 1,426 11-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Last Post: tigerstyle
Thumbs Up A great day for the 306 community puglove 35 4,717 11-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Last Post: procta
  Great south run ginge191 6 1,732 26-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ginge191