weird noise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird noise?
right finally put my cyclones on with new 195 50 15 tyres. my cars lowered 40mm front 50mm rear and now it sounds as if the drivers rear wheel is rubbing the inner arch? do I need spacers?
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if its rubbing...yes.

that or new beam
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
is this common?

never rubbed on harriers with 185 60 14?
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 10:24 PM)paul7278 Wrote: is this common?

No not for the 'drop' you've done.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
ahh remembered the arch liner looked in half when I put the rear wheel on so guess its the liner as it had rubbing marks already sorry me being a dumb ass.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 10:30 PM)paul7278 Wrote: ahh remembered the arch liner looked in half when I put the rear wheel on so guess its the liner as it had rubbing marks already sorry me being a dumb ass.

Heh, don't worry many of us have experienced exploding arch liners. Though it's usually fairly obvious!

Glad its sorted anyway.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
just put my hand under the wheel hardly any room all round on the drivers wheel and rim. so let the trimming begin.
Thanks given by:
This happened to me today, any speed over 30mph the inner arch would catch, I was only 5 mile from home so the drive home was. Lets say. 'Fun'. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
the trims do tend to warp annoying...sorry for my misguided help...I assumed you mean rub rub...as in inner arch metal rub
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'd be inclined to try and get the liner to fit properly/make sure a replacement is fitted. Its an all too common place for rust to occur up there unfortunately.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt his beam need moving over abit like all of you told me to do as my drivers side was closer than passengerside..thats what i got told on here by some of youz lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird banging noise when braking, advice needed. Spoonaltap 19 2,794 27-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap
  I'm hearing this weird noise riddlebox 11 3,127 18-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: riddlebox