Winter(ish) tyres...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter(ish) tyres...
So i epically failed at getting tyres for my Ariannes this year, what with losing a couple of jobs (i know, careless aren't i Doh ), so i think the time has come to start looking for some new tyres for my Lasers ready for winter.

So the question is, what would you lot recommend in the way of winter tyres? Doesnt necessarily need to be actual winter tyres, as long as they will perform well in wintery conditions.

I had T-1r's on last year, and they seemed to do just fine, but im wondering if theres anything out there that would be better suited to the job. Preferably 195/50's. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rainsport 2's buddy. Not the most amazing "sporty" tyre you can get, but cheap and take the winter weather in their stride
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats basically exactly what im looking for Chris, nice one. Big Grin

Very similar in tread pattern to T-1r's as well....i likey Wink
Thanks given by:
just buy snow tyres.
then save n buy normal tyres for spring/summer.

you wont regret it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well, in an ideal world, i'll be getting a set of normal tyres for the Ariannes before next summer, so can keep the Lasers as winter wheels, as they were always destined to be. Thats the plan anyway, but we all know how often shit goes to plan. Especially where 306's are concerned! lmao

Just had a quick look, can lay my hands on a set of RS2's for £163.99 delivered, and the snow tyres come in at a cool (ba-dum-tish!) £230 BEFORE delivery.
Thanks given by:
If you didn't have a problem with a T1Rs in the snow it wont matter what you get...... They're awful on anything except a totally dry road haha!

Gotta agree with the rainsports though, the wallowy soft sidewalls annoy me but I haven't had anything with more wet grip so far...
Thanks given by:
When i had the Proxes on, I actually managed to get up a hill last time it snowed that a 4x4 couldnt manage! Granted, it was an X5, but i still managed it! lol
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 10:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you didn't have a problem with a T1Rs in the snow it wont matter what you get...... They're awful on anything except a totally dry road haha!

Gotta agree with the rainsports though, the wallowy soft sidewalls annoy me but I haven't had anything with more wet grip so far...

I had t1rs in the snow last year with no real issues never found them too bad in the wet either tbh
Thanks given by:
Maybe 4x4 was a slight misrepresentation of the word....
Thanks given by:
You weren't driving hard enough then. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Think I may have to get some good wet tyres span out twice last night not even going fast... I have some gay extra load tyres on mine that are made of cheese bit scary!
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter and snow tyres Ben Jay 21 3,573 30-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Winter tyres wear Piggy 4 1,589 24-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Piggy