So my work burned down...! :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So my work burned down...! :(
Well, on Friday I finished work at half past 2 and at 14:40 a fire was detected in the building. Office staff were the only ones left in the building and they were all evacuated safely. Thick smoke was seen coming from the roof and this was the first photo sent to me at home.

[Image: 6e2e5ata.jpg]

After 10 minutes the fire had taken hold and it was gonna be a loosing battle for the fire brigade who were there within 10 mins. At it's height there were 100 fire fighters and 20 appliances at the scene.

The smoke could be seen from my house...

[Image: uneqyju2.jpg]

[Image: tequtumy.jpg]

The fire raged on into the late hours and over 70% of the building was lost. Through the whole operation, which was classed as a major incident, the fire crew were on high alert for Acetylene cylinders. We have over 60 of them on site.

These are some pictures from the firemen of my Department (chillers)

[Image: 3emymyve.jpg]

[Image: 7ypaqube.jpg]

Needless to say I am in a state of shock, and it will be a waiting game to see how we progress from here.

We have been told that there will be no job losses and they are seeking work space for us to carry on working.

All a bit of a shite Friday... Sad
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah man that sucks looks like a big old fire though glad you're ok!

Least you have the assurance no job losses will be made just relax and im sure things will work themselves out
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
shit man, any info on what started it yet?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Gutted mate Sad At least it's like involuntary holiday now until they sort out the new work setup?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
That's really sh*t, at least everyone's ok and you've still got a job when they sort out a new work area/building.
Thanks given by:
Holy smoke batman lol.....no one was injured i hope...least its a few days off with pay i asume lop
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
At the minute all we know is it started in the testing area. We were having a few electrical gremlins so could have been electrical.

We have been told we will be getting paid leave for this week and will find out more during the week as to where and when we will be working. I just hope the money doesn't stop coming in as we rely on my wage to pay the bills... Sad

Another pic of my area...

[Image: y7yje8az.jpg]

This is the newly finished offices, now totally gone...

[Image: aju3amy7.jpg]

[Image: u8e3e2y7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
holly poo!

what do you do for a living or what was your companys buisness?
Thanks given by:
Airedale Air Conditioning Ltd. We built small precision AC and big Chilled water units. I was in the Chillers building the "BIG boys"!

I did a bit of both plumbing and electrical. Been there 10 years now!! It's just sad to see it all gone. Sad
Thanks given by:
Holy crap - our work just had a set of Airdale waterdoors only the other week!

Sad to see this Sad
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Used to rip airdales out of mobile phone cabins!
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 11:38 AM)Ruan Wrote: Holy crap - our work just had a set of Airdale waterdoors only the other week!

Sad to see this Sad

Here's hoping you don't need to send it back for repairs any time soon Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Whoah! That is shocking dude, thankfully everyone got out safely and that you all remain in a job.

Lets hope all gets sorted soon Smile
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I used to to deliver to Airdale Airconditioning back few years back. Saw it on Look North on Friday looked massive. What's crack tomorrow then with work?
Thanks given by:
Shit man bad times Sad
We ocassionally have to go to fires to get the alarms bsck up and running as best as possible and they are bloody horrible places to be.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tomorrow and the rest of the week off! Got to ring one of our managers through the week to find out what's happening. Got plenty of jobs round the house to do this week, so won't be bored!!
Thanks given by:
I know how you feel mate, my work burnt to the ground a few days before Christmas, lost my tools and everything else in there, it's a massive shock, I feel for you man
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 03:54 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: I know how you feel mate, my work burnt to the ground a few days before Christmas, lost my tools and everything else in there, it's a massive shock, I feel for you man

Thanks dude... It's all the little things, things you get attached to. You get used to tools and blow torches and stuff. It's just really gutting!!
Thanks given by:
Heard about this when I was in Cornwall, my lasses parents live at Priesthorpe school (her stepdads the caretaker) and they told us about it, apparently even right down to Owlcotes there was so much smoke it looked foggy! Hope it gets sorted quickly pal Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the smoke cloud was massive at the height of it all. As I said, could see it from my house...

[Image: 3umaryja.jpg]
Thanks given by: